+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I agree that a lot of mums put themselves last, I know I do and it isn't good. WHat I object to is the insinuation that putting yourself means wearing makeup and nice clothes. Personally I believe there is way more to life than that. I have just started me time by going back to uni, gardening with a passion, getting healthy etc. I think it a little shallow that putting yourself first equals makeup!
    I started writing the exact same thing!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I try to always be clean presentable with my hair and face done before I leave the house.

Why? Cos my mother always was too busy/tired etc and then was too embarrassed to be photographed. I have only a few pics of us with mum. I don't want that to be me. So I try.

But I do love to be well dressed in dresses and heels. I take every opportunity to be dressed up. Going grocery shopping by myself today so I'm pulling out a pretty dress and treating myself to coffee afterwards.
    I do believe as mums we don't do enough for ourselves.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (14-10-2013),lemongrass  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I make myself a priority. I dress well, hair is always done and make on, but that's just me. It doesn't make me any better than another mum. Everyone has different priorities, that's just life. What I see as a priority for me would seem like a waste of time to someone else and vice versa.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (14-10-2013),GlitterFarts  (14-10-2013),peanutmonkey  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Because track pants are comfortable, and shaving is overrated.

- But I ALWAYS have time to do my brows.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    I don't actually think OP was being mean...was just asking a genuine question.I cant answer for anyone else...but I know I do a mirror check,maybe a quick wardrobe change and a fix up before we go out in public? Its kinda laughable everyone in this thread doesn't give a **** how they look and can gladly blame their children for ruining their hair?
    I understand what the OP was trying to say, but she definitely could have articulated it a lot better... the same could be said for your post.

She probably would have received better responses if she took the time to ask why some people don't take the time to do all of those things rather than putting them down for not doing so.

I do take the time to choose an outfit and do my hair & makeup, but I also have one child that sleeps through the night, that isn't high needs, that will quietly sit and eat her breakfast and I rarely have to rush to get ready.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Lincolns mummy  (14-10-2013),SimplyMum  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I agree that a lot of mums put themselves last, I know I do and it isn't good. WHat I object to is the insinuation that putting yourself means wearing makeup and nice clothes. Personally I believe there is way more to life than that. I have just started me time by going back to uni, gardening with a passion, getting healthy etc. I think it a little shallow that putting yourself first equals makeup!
    For me, doing my hair and makeup is my 'me time'... for other people that may be having a bubble bath, going to the gym or sneaking in a chapter of a book. You can't look at a random mum and be able to judge by her appearance that she doesn't do anything for herself.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hair and makeup are always done whenever I leave the house, even just for daycare drop off. But I actually wish I had the confidence to be one of these mums that is in trackies with messy hair! I wouldn't call myself vain but I am so self conscious about my appearance and always feel like people are staring at me and laughing at me I wish that I could spend an extra 10 mins in bed cuddling my daughter instead of thinking 'got to straighten my hair!'

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am putting more effort into me lately. I exercise, I wear makeup, I have a growing abundence of dress jewellrey and I try to look half decent. Although, this is primarily for me and me feeling good about myself but I do think it's a positive for kids to see their parents take pride in their appearence. Or course, it's all within our means and we're not too proud to be caught in our trackpants on a lazy day.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyMum For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (14-10-2013)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Mathermy  (14-10-2013),MonkeySeeMonkeyDo  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Im one of them mums.

My world revolves around DS. I know he wont be small forever, and he will be off to school in a few years time, we are TTC and i dont know when #2 will come along, and these moments will be fewer and further between. Im going to cherish every moment with him i have.

That being said, i always have clean clothes (maybe ill-fitting... Im yo-yoing lately so have a variety of sizes) but my hair is always done. I cant leave the house unless ive showered and done my hair. I NEVER wear makeup, i never have worn it daily. Its just not me.

I also don't see the point wearing nice clothes to have them stained with paint, glue, torn, stretched (DS love to pull/swing on clothes. Drives me )

On a 'good' day. If i know we are doing something other than groceries etc, i may pull on some leggings and a dress or something... However i then run into another drama. I can NOT get ladies shoes to fit my massive man sized feet. Makes dressing up nice near impossible, because Mens shoes are freaking ugly! They dont exactally make nice sandals with a slight heel to suit a dress for men to wear. Or nice boots, that arent rossi steel cap pull ons. I literally live in my MENS, size 12/13 Asics runners...or black thongs
    Just a quick thing in regards to the shoe issue, there are stores that cater to cross dressing gentlemen who have the pretty shoes for men size feet. Just google them in your area and they should come up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app