+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gees some Mums can't win can they......does it really matter really...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RuffledPansy For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dress in trackies bc they are comfortable and loose and hides parts of my body that are very unflattering. Lots of my old clothes don't fit well anymore and I find it hard to get clothes that look good. Also don't have a lot of time to go shopping and don't have lots of money to spend. Kids on the other hand are just too cute and so easy to find good quality clothes they look great in just about anything!
    In terms of eating, I make an effort to cook healthy food for my kids bc I want them to grow up with good eating habits and to help them grow. I eat the same food that I cook for them BUT I also loooove junk food so will sneak some when the kids are in bed or when I am at work. Naughty food tastes good but obviously I don't want to pass this onto my kids so will limit their junk intake.
    With personal grooming eg hair etc, what's the point when the kids jump all over you, want to play hairdresser and proceed to pull at your hair. I don't wear make up but would also think what's the point, wouldn't the make up get smudged with kids always crawling all over and wouldn't the lipstick get on the kids cheeks when you kiss them?
    With exercise, looking after 2 young kids I am constantly on my feet getting them stuff, cooking, cleaning, tidying etc when I get some time to myself I just want to relax and chill!

Well those are my reasons

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    I have noticed a trend in mums who appear to put a lot of time into being great mums but no time into their own lives. By that I mean, they appear to play with their kids, take them to activities, provide healthy food and dress their kids in lovely outfits that look clean and ironed, yet they don't appear to put nearly near as much effort into their own lives. Whilst being great mums to their kids, they appear to eat unhealthy food, do little exercise and wear ill fitting, daggy clothes and have unwashed and untidy hair.

I don't think lack of time is the only answer, because it only takes 2 minutes to tie hair in a neat pony tail, and further, it takes the same amount of time to put on daggy Ill fitting clothes, as it does to put on an inexpensive, but neat and tidy outfit.

Why do some mums put so much effort into their kids and zero into themselves?
    This was me in the first few months of having DS. He nap for couple of minutes, woke up every hour at night, snack fed, screamed screamed screamed all the time. I was so exhausted, ate frozen food and looked like trash. It got better when I got help from the community nurses and sleep school.

Me & DH still put most of our time & effort into DS than ourselves because we think he'll just be little and needs us for a short time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have noticed a trend in mums who appear to put a lot of time into being great mums but no time into their own lives. By that I mean, they appear to play with their kids, take them to activities, provide healthy food and dress their kids in lovely outfits that look clean and ironed, yet they don't appear to put nearly near as much effort into their own lives. Whilst being great mums to their kids, they appear to eat unhealthy food, do little exercise and wear ill fitting, daggy clothes and have unwashed and untidy hair.

I don't think lack of time is the only answer, because it only takes 2 minutes to tie hair in a neat pony tail, and further, it takes the same amount of time to put on daggy Ill fitting clothes, as it does to put on an inexpensive, but neat and tidy outfit.

My daggy, ill-fitting clothes are my gym clothes. How does that fit in with your theory? Perhaps you would judge me because of my clothes at the park, which is where I take my kids straight after the gym. I am certainly not looking my best after burning 500 calories, but judge away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

For real??

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Most of the time i look like robert smith on a good day.

Ds#1 looks good cause he dresses himself

Ds#2 looks like a homeless man because he dresses himself

And dd looks like a princess because shes my princess ^_^

I spend the most time trying to get ds#2 into the right frame of mind to leave the house and then dragging him i to the car etc. if i hadto get up an extra hour early so i 'looked neat and tidy to satisfy strangers in the street. Id turn into a serial killer. Cause inuave enough shiz to worry about!

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Dreamer1  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't wear daggy trackies, but I do look a bit dishevelled most days. Why? Because the kids would ruin whatever I was wearing in 10 seconds flat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because daggy clothes are more comfortable. Because sometimes I literally do not have 2 minutes to do my hair nicely. Because I am so totally exhausted and busy and consumed with my kids and the housework and everything else that I just don't have the energy to put into myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm one of those mums

DD always looks gorgeous when we go out, I'm always in jeans and a tshirt.

I haven't been to the hairdresser in 3 months for a few reasons; 1. Being a single mum $ is tight, 2. Being a single mum I'd have to take DD with me (not horrible but not nice and relaxing either)
    3. I'd rather take DD to the park or bake cookies with her, something that makes her laugh because that's what makes me happy

I'm happy, she's happy, I don't care what others think

Thanks
    Reviews
    From someone that does their hair and makeup before going anywhere and doesn't wear 'daggy or ill fitting clothing'... What the *****?! It's great that you choose to do all of those things, but that doesn't mean it's wrong for other parents not to.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (14-10-2013)