+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ashgrove State School is independent and meant to be great. Oakleigh is small and has a good reputation.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

DeeDoo  (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again to everyone. I have made a list of 5 schools and will aim to visit all of them in the next few weeks to get a feel for them in person and save myself from analysis paralysis! So far there has only been 1 school that has said they wouldn't have space, some haven't got back to me, and a few have said yes. So it's nice to have options. I will try to remember to update when we make a decision in case it helps others looking into schools down the track.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes please update us - you will be doing some of the hard work for us

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

DeeDoo  (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are in Enoggera at the moment, but may be moving to Bardon, but happy to travel for a good school :-)
    I guess the ones I am most interested in hearing about at the moment are Oakleigh, Rainworth and Our Lady of Assumption.
    I know people who are very happy at Mater Dei and at St Peter Chanel so will keep them in mind :-)
    Happy to hear good and bad feedback about any and all schools as it all helps in the decision making process!
    Thanks so much to everyone for your comments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, what I am looking for most is a small school with a good community feel where they cater to individual children's needs :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay! I will add that to the list, sounds great :-) Although we won't be doing prep there I am very keen on play based prep year so that is a good sign. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a brief update. I have had tours at 3 schools, and have another 2 next week. All 3 so far have been great, so it won't be an easy decision! Pros and cons for each.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have worked at Rainworth State School and it is amazing (if you live in the catchment).
    Also heard great things about Ashgrove, Oakleigh and Windsor STate Schools

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rainworth has great art facilities, an amazing Italian program from prep, dedicated teachers. Great small-school feel and great parent and community involvement. I would love to send my children there!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkIsTheNewBlack For This Useful Post:

DeeDoo  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    These are the 5 schools that I ended up visiting: Oakleigh SS at Ashgrove, Rainworth SS, Prince of Peace Lutheran, Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic at Enoggera, and Payne Road SS at The Gap.
    It might be because I did research before I went, but ultimately I would be happy for my daughter to go to any of these schools. Obviously they all have their own pros and cons.
    Unfortunately for me the two schools that appeal the most at the moment are the ones that are furthest from me!
    I have written up a heap of notes on each school so if you are interested in any specifics let me know :-)