Closed Thread
Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    I think it's really hard to avoid being hopeful when TTC - it's fine to be realistic and honest on bubhub too - otherwise, where else can you possibly tell utter strangers the finer workings of your body and them not look at you strangely?!!!
    I was just wailing to hubby today about how I've got no-one to talk to about cervical positions and CM etc apart from grossing him out with it, as we migrated here from the UK not that long ago so haven't made any friends here yet and my friends back in the UK are a long way off babies etc (and I'm not going there with my ex-midwife mother! ), so its nice to find somewhere I can chit chat to others about stuff. I'm doing my own bonce in at the moment with my crazy body being all weird and non-text book re: c. positions/cm/cycle/days in etc so just focusing on Nov so I don't over think now. You never know it might just make things happy now and allow me to give my parents some really happy news when they come visit at the end of Oct (haven't seen them since March last year so rather excited anyway, but good news would be extra special).

Anyway, enough of my whitterings, like others say, hopefully no-one else will need to join us (and not even we will be here with a bit of luck )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BAKE View Post
    Subbing, although its likely ill get two shots at testing innoct, so my nov date seems a looooooong way off!
    I love your name BAKE - don't know if it was intended to be bun in oven type of Bake, but thats what it makes me think of

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BoxCat For This Useful Post:

BAKE  (29-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bubhub is really supportive BoxCat. Stacked with lots of informative women who have been through so much and have passed their knowledge down. A good example is that just by talking to other women on here I was able to diagnose what was wrong with my pregnancies before my FS told me my blood results the other day! It's so nice to also share in the good news of when someone finally gets their long-awaited BFP or their child is born. Then of course there is immense support for women struggling with infertility or going through the loss of their baby, which for some unknown reason, people in real life tend to avoid talking about.

I just tend to avoid the threads that involve strong opinions coming out! They're usually non-baby related anyway.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

BoxCat  (29-09-2013),Pumpkaboo  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bubhub is really supportive BoxCat. Stacked with lots of informative women who have been through so much and have passed their knowledge down. A good example is that just by talking to other women on here I was able to diagnose what was wrong with my pregnancies before my FS told me my blood results the other day! It's so nice to also share in the good news of when someone finally gets their long-awaited BFP or their child is born. Then of course there is immense support for women struggling with infertility or going through the loss of their baby, which for some unknown reason, people in real life tend to avoid talking about.

I just tend to avoid the threads that involve strong opinions coming out! They're usually non-baby related anyway.
    ^^^this!! I've learnt so much on here which has not only given me more understanding about my body but also helps me prepare more questions for FS with learning about everyone's different journey and methods. The support is amazing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ReBeCcA7 For This Useful Post:

BoxCat  (29-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Well thats fab - it will be nice just to 'meet' some people tbh If anyone wants to arm-chair diagnose me they are more than welcome as well lol

I know what you mean about strong opinions - people get a bit loopy online for my tastes sometimes lol....hopefully we just get some nice strong opinions of 'yes thats defo a BFP htp' which turns out to be true with the power of positive thinking (although I'm pretty sure sperm have to be involved as well as positive thinking for that, but its a start lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I will be out of internet range for a couple of days and will update thread on Friday Have a great week everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be out of internet range for a couple of days and will update thread on Friday Have a great week everyone!
    You too LT

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BoxCat For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing. I'm sure I'll still be in TTC limbo at this stage, but I like keeping up with all the BFPs in the neighbourhood.

Then of course there is immense support for women struggling with infertility or going through the loss of their baby, which for some unknown reason, people in real life tend to avoid talking about.
    I can't stress how much I love this about BH. I was talking to my dad about it last night. I was telling him how I was okay to talk about my m/c in real life, but I've been put off by the few people I have told that are so awkward about it. Like it is some big taboo subject.

I was saying how great it is to have him and mum as well as the ladies on this forum in times like those. It's not so much "misery loves company" but it is good to have others who know exactly what you are going through and you can tell that their sympathy is genuine. I love BH. I don't know where I would be without the ladies I have met here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomie View Post
    Subbing. I'm sure I'll still be in TTC limbo at this stage, but I like keeping up with all the BFPs in the neighbourhood.

I can't stress how much I love this about BH. I was talking to my dad about it last night. I was telling him how I was okay to talk about my m/c in real life, but I've been put off by the few people I have told that are so awkward about it. Like it is some big taboo subject.

I was saying how great it is to have him and mum as well as the ladies on this forum in times like those. It's not so much "misery loves company" but it is good to have others who know exactly what you are going through and you can tell that their sympathy is genuine. I love BH. I don't know where I would be without the ladies I have met here.
    It certainly does make the rough stuff that little easier to deal with

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hear hear! Or is it here here?! You know what I mean!!!