+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bubhub Blogger
    I have just finished reading Quiet. I thought it was great. Thanks to the pp who suggested it. Really thought provoking. People are always surprised to find that I am introvert, but that is because I spend my life trying to 'fit' in and act like an extrovert. More people need to read Quiet so I can stop acting.

My three suggestions are:
    • The Kite Runner
    • The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime
    • Inconceivable (Ben Elton) - thought this was fantastic, but that might be just because I read it will going through IVF.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

MothersMilk  (13-11-2013)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Glad you both enjoyed/are enjoying Quiet.
    I was one of those kids who was always being pushed to play with others. I had meetings in primary school because teachers were concerned about me sitting alone at lunch and was made to feel like it was wrong to enjoy my own company. I had friends but some days enjoyed just being alone. Nobody would believe this could be true and assumed i must be depressed or bullied.

Similar Threads

1. New 'round here
    By LittleGreyBirdy in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-07-2013, 14:34
  2. 1st round of ivf nerves!
    By aimz1980 in forum IVF
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 20-05-2013, 16:27
  3. 1st Round of Clomid and did not ovulate.
    By NessieJ in forum Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Chat
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 18-11-2012, 21:51