+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I quite dislike school holidays at this stage but i'm sure that I will enjoy them much more when all my kids are school aged. I have an 8 year old who is in school, a 2 year, a 1 year old and am currently 34 weeks pregnant. I find them particularly difficult because of-
    The fighting and torturing his younger siblings causing them to scream and carry on
    The extra mess
    Disruption to routine
    The boredom
    It is so expensive to go out every day but also difficult with two (soon to be 3) little ones but when you stay home they go stir crazy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babalooba For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (27-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I miss the social interaction with other parents at drop off and pick up. Despite what I read on here about other parents the parents at our school are on the whole fantastic and I love to stop and have a chat with many of them who I don't see outside school as my kids play with other kids or in DD1's case her play dates don't really involve me anymore.

DD1 and DD2 can also clash a lot but I find if I get dd1 out to friends' places several times during the holidays it's better.

These are our first holidays since having DD3 so there will be lots of time at home so if the weather isn't great I'm sure those days will drag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    I look forward to school holidays, I enjoy it. I will say by the end I am glad when school is back so I can get a break from my school aged child - yes that's right, I enjoy getting a break from my kids. Not because I don't enjoy my kids but because I have 3 of them, I am solo parenting most of the time (and will be all these school holidays) and I am human so therefore require a break sometimes.
    I completely understand your reply - but for opposite reasons. I was most definitely ready for a break from my class of 26 year 1s.

My 2 at home are a break for sure, but I'm also not working then and things just slow down when I get to stay home on holidays. I think it's all relative to what you're used to hey. I completely understand patents ready to pack their young ones back to school.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (27-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hate them because DH works longer hours during them, we are a fair way from activities and things like that and there is not much to do around here so we are stuck at home a lot, the kids fight a lot and the mess is insane! DD2 goes to daycare one morning a week but that doesn't run during the holidays she misses that and so do I, at the moment she is pretty full on. These holidays are probably the worst though because I'm dealing with some anxiety and stuff that has recently started.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Teachers definitely deserve a break!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (28-09-2013),Ffrenchknickers  (27-09-2013),PomPoms  (27-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't mind school holidays at all. The kids are pretty good at entertaining themselves now (6 and 9). This holidays has been a little stressful but we are moving next week and I have two really big uni assessments due in the week after we move.

Last school holidays I really enjoyed I loved having them around and spending time with them. We go out and do something every second day like different parks, movies etc.

The first about 2-3 days they were fighting, but since Monday this week they have been great! Given most of their stuff is packed and there are packing boxes everywhere I am actually surprised at how well they are getting on it stays that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I find the school holidays insanely challenging.

I work 3 days a week and can't always take time off every holidays so organising care for DS (DD still has childcare) is sometimes difficult.

The days that we are home are full one. The fighting, the "I'm bored" despite having lots of do but not wanting to do any of it, the lack of routine for my children disturbs them and sleep patterns go out of the window. They nag and whinge about everything, enough is never enough for them.

I love my kids immensely and I'd be mortified if someone thought that because I thought school holidays were tough that I loved them any less. They are just at a difficult age in themselves and with each other and at the moment school holidays are just tricky and full on.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (27-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's pretty straightforward why some people dislike school holidays...all the reasons mentioned above. Because kids can be a pain and once you get used to them being away at school 5 days a week, it can be a shock to the system when they're suddenly back at home 24/7.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I homeschool my school-aged son so it doesn't really feel like 'school holidays' to me LOL

What I do dislike though is the crowds! My son and I both have ASD so it's a major sensory issue for us when there's hoards of people everywhere, then there's my 2yr-old daughter who refuses to sit in her stroller anymore to contend with

The last half of this year I'm pregnant with number 3 too! It's a wonder I'm still sane LOL

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bountiful For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (27-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I dont get to do anything with DS. I dont think i have actually spent any school holidays off work so use vacation care. I have holidays approved over the easter period for the entire time which i have planned for us to go away.

These holidays i have taken him to the movies on the first saturday and thats all. He has gone away now for a whole week to go camping while i stay home and work and try and get a heap of over time in with work so i can have some money for christmas. Next lot of holidays wont be any better. Currently i have plans to work til 2016 and take 6 whole weeks off work over the christmas period as its hard to get time off over the christmas period and it falls during the week most of the time which is my roster.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app