+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Meeting other hubbers IRL

Tell me about how you got from the point of being a member on BH to actually meeting other hubbers IRL?

I've noticed some people say they made real life friends on here, but I'm curious how you made that happen.

I've also noticed that some people mention they've attended meet-ups, which sound like they involve a number of others.

I have never met anyone from BH in real life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've met many from my DIG, maybe 10, and then another just from chatting on here, then via PM, then FB.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Facebook. It took about 5 years. But unless you're willing to throw caution the anonymous wind, it won't happen.
    A few weeks ago 4 of us stayed in the city and met with about 10 hubbers. Some flew from interstate. It was awesome.
    Some people wish to remain anonymous but I couldn't. I jut connected too much with some members I just had to take the next step.
    So so glad I did.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Being a part of a really good DIG helps- my Nov08 DIG was like that and I've met... 3 or 4 Bher's like that.

Of course I've met all mods now bar Zeddie and Uniquey, but that's just because they got their pink sparklies *after* our last Mod Con.

How do you make the jump from online to IRL? I think you just chat and chat... and if you really like them, you add on FB if you have it... and then it just develops from there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've met one. We became FB friends, she lives in the same town as me. One day when my son was playing on the playground I noticed her and her kids from her FB pics. I went up and asked if she was xyz from bubhub and we sat and had a lovely chat.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I met a group of hubbers who I'm very close to through a private group on Bubhub. We are now friends on facebook, share everything together, and I have met some of them IRL (the others which live a while away i'm hoping to meet in the not too distant future). Love you ladies Then there are a lot of others who I have met through facebook. FOBS is right you really need to throw caution to the wind. It has paid off a lot of the time, as I have some very close friends from here

Thanks
    Reviews
    The DIG groups for both kids.
    First group we met up a few times after the babies were born, and the group crumbled on here, but we still managed to stay in contact with each other through Facebook.

Second Group, we all moved to facebook after the group formed, and the melbourne mum's of that DIG, made it a point to meet up once a month until the babies were born. And we still try and make an effort 1 and half years later.
    We met up again recently when a mother from another state was passing through.

I have also met up with a few mum's separately through a meet up we organised. And have occasionally randomly bumped into a few at local shopping centres.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am terrible at initiating friendships. I have a stupid hang-up about being rejected. So I don't venture outside of my safe bubble.

I kind of enjoy being anonymous on here, but there are more than a few hubbers on here that I'd love to shoot the breeze with IRL...over a few wines

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've met one just before I went back to work full time so haven't had a chance to catch up again - you know who you are!

It was good and a bit nerve racking for both of us I think but once you start chatting you realise actually how well you know each other and you have heaps to chat about. We both joked about the nervousness of meeting and the whole idea of meeting up with someone over the internet being really foreign, but it was well worth it. I think if you find you have a lot of common opinions on here or just similar things in common then it makes for a pretty pleasant meeting.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (27-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've met a few IRL through the nurse-in earlier this year and have a few IRL friends that are hubbers too. I've also got some lovely hubbers as fb friends and can say they are all awesome people!
    I do think adding someone to fb is a good way to start, it's amazing how much you can learn about a person by seeing their fb feed! One hubber that I am fb friends with has so many of the same views its a wonder we aren't related! Actually, there's a couple like that