+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Failed thaw cycle- heartbroken

Hi,
    I'm feeling extremely heartbroken today. My husband & I went into monash to have our last day 5 blastocyst transferred & unfortunately it didnt survive the thawing process so we had nothing to transfer so now looking at another stim cycle
    Has anyone been in this position before?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Lizzy,

I so understand how your felling. This has happend to me twice now.
    Mine were 3 day embies that arrested the day before.
    I was pretty dam shattered.
    The positive that I could take from the terrible situation, was that hurt us like hell. But the devasting BFN is even worse.

I also made use of the counseling sessions that I was entitled to.

Big hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes you are right I guess all I can do now is look at the positives that I didn't need to go through the pain of the TWW when it was doomed from the start. It was just such a shock I'd had my acupuncture & completed all the paper work for the transfer so we thought it was going ahead. I wish they had of told me earlier. The embryo had been frozen, thawed, genetically tested (not able to get a result) & frozen & thawed again so it has been through a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the only embie we ever got frozen not make it thru thawing - I was devastated. For me it was worse than a bfn. Hope your next cycle goes well - for us it was the stim cycle after our failed defrost that gave us ds.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the only embie we ever got frozen not make it thru thawing - I was devastated. For me it was worse than a bfn. Hope your next cycle goes well - for us it was the stim cycle after our failed defrost that gave us ds.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply. We are going to go straight into a stim cycle with monash & then do genetic testing. I'm just waiting to hear back from my nurse as our dr said he would send the nurses my treatment plan about a week or so ago as we had already spoken about what we would do if this one didnt work (the embryo was a transfer from CFC) & it would save $ if I didn't see him again but unfortunately he hasn't sent the info & now he is on holidays so the nurse was going to email him. I really hope that just because the doctor hasn't done this doesn't mean we miss out of cycling this month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes after my first cycle which was bfn I tried an FET and it didn't make the thaw. I was surprised at how upset I was, it was a huge disappointment.... but I swung back into action pretty quickly. The thing is, every embryo is potentially a baby so it still hurts losing each and every one.

sorry for your loss x