+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have a big cupboard which I just sorted. My trick is that I put the lids on every container that goes back into it, so I know they all have lids. It takes up a bit more room but it saves me searching for the right lid constantly!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-09-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (26-09-2013)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I put the lids on everything and then stack them. Smaller containers go inside big ones. If they don't have their lids on, it becomes a nightmare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used to do lids on everything and stack but DH seems incapable and just threw them in and it always ended up a huge mess!

I now have two large baskets in there, one for lids and one for bases. The massive containers still get lids on and stacked on the bottom shelf. Seems to be working so far...
    Last edited by giggle berry; 26-09-2013 at 22:04.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle berry For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (26-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a big drawer under our microwave where all plastic stuff lives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    Oh this thread has given me an idea...i have 2 big drawers under my oven. I might make them tupperwear and use the other cupboard for oven pans.

might see if i can get that done this weekend while DH is installing the basketball ring lol
    Me too

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

IncyWincy  (26-09-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have big baskets in my cupboard. 1 has all lids, one has all of dd's plastic plates and cups and small containers for snacks etc, one has medium sized containers, big containers sit inside each other, and another basket that has travel cups and other plastic odds and sods. It is still chaotic, but just chaotic in a slightly ordered way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I have a big cupboard which I just sorted. My trick is that I put the lids on every container that goes back into it, so I know they all have lids. It takes up a bit more room but it saves me searching for the right lid constantly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I put the lids on everything and then stack them. Smaller containers go inside big ones. If they don't have their lids on, it becomes a nightmare.
    This. All containers must have lids or they do not go into the cupboard. I stack them from smallest in the front to biggest at the back. And from left to right - narrowest to widest. No one is allowed to put stuff in there but me.

Mild OCD when it comes to kitchen tidyness.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My plastics shelves are currently being used as a distraction activity for Ds to rifle through when I am in the kitchen.

Like previous posters, everything has to have a lid. Other than that it's pretty much only organised by the closing of the door...if it closes then it's all good.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I don't. When I need something I open the door and let everything fall out then grab what I need. Then I shove everything back in and slam the door.
    I don't think there's a way to keep it tidy so it stays that way, unless you want to spend a lot of time maintaining it.
    This used to be me until this weekend. I had my kitchen made bigger and now have two drawers with the plastic items in. Makes it so much easier! Now I want to restart my stash so I can have perfectly stacking items haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Big draw. All containers have their lids on. Smaller containers go into bigger ones to save space. It's all stacked in a certain way.

Like a pp said, a bit of OCD going on with that particular draw.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app