+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Gift ideas for second baby

I have 2 friends who are expecting their second babies of same gender as their first ie 2 girls and 2 boys. I am stuck for ideas of what to get as both have lots of baby stuff from their first already and hand me downs from other friends etc. The only thing I can think of is:
    - Something for the parents eg nice fruit platter or fruit and veg box
    - kids book about siblings/new baby

Would love to hear some suggestions. Thx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think the ideas u have are great perhaps u can also get a teddy/bunny/soft toy for the new bub. Kids usually get attached to their teddies around 18months and that's something u certainly can't pass down. Once a child's favourite teddy always their favourite.
    My DS1 (just turned 2) has 2 bunnies (both gifts at birth) and 2 teddies that he won't ever let go of. One of the teddies was supposed to be for DS2. Lol. Now I have 2 teddies and 2 other soft toys in DS2s cot so they are his

Thanks
    Reviews
    How about a book for the older sibling to read to their new addition? My DS got a bedtime stories book for him to read to his new sis when she arrives from a guest at my baby shower. I thought it was really thoughtful and lovely of her to consider DS and not just the baby.

Maybe some frozen home cooked meals or vouchers for nappies and supplies etc. things like that I know aren't the most exciting and cute to give. But they sure are more appreciated than another singlet suit if you have tonnes already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about a taggie blanket for the new bub. DS is very attached to his, it goes everywhere with us. You can get some lovely handmade ones from Etsy or Madeit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A beautiful outfit or pram blanket. I know they probably have lots of clothes and blankets but it's nice to have something new especially for bub. We're having another girl and I still have all of dd's things but I have laybyed some gorgeous outfits especially for this bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How about a coin set for the year they were born?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a packet of nappies and box chocolates for mumma when my cousin had her second I remember getting so many clothes with my second and in the end i had to many to use but i know i always needed nappies and somthing nice for the mum also.

But love the idea of the book its good to keep siblings involved often they feel forgotten so its somthing they can do together.

Also fruit basket or treats would be fantastic also as i know coming home from hospital your so busy with the baby and family ect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Something commemorative for their birth - or those sets to have a mould of their hands and feet.

I'm pregnant with my first and really don't want clothes or anything like that from my family, I'd prefer something special that the child can have forever!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the replies. I will have a look around and see what I can find