+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oops, completely missed the part that said she's only 14 months! I blame baby brain, my bad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be ditching the bottle, giving milk in a sippy cup with dinner, and offering whatever we were having. I agree with making it a positive experience, but wouldn't offer anything else if not much is eaten. If she's hungry she'll eat. I'd ignore her eating, and focus on it being more a "family" occasion. I had a very fussy DS2 and if I could change the way we dealt with his lack of eating at that age (especially at dinner time, I would!). We were silly and offered him whatever we could to get him to eat (he lived on bananas, weet-bix, Nutella sandwiches and yoghurt). Set us up for a lot of dramas later on. We took the above approach after being very frazzled and he now eats almost everything (although slowly), and dinner is not the drama it used to be.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to spunkles For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (27-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My kids eat what they are given and whilst I dont insist they finish it there is no substitute afterwards. I have on occasion sent them both to bed with no dinner. I have a 16mth old and 3yo.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've often wondered though, say you take the tough approach and say, fine if you don't want to eat then there's no dinner, won't they wake up in the middle of the night starving?? Cos I really don't fancy the idea of getting a 2am wake up call. Sorry if that's a silly question to ask. First time mum. Still got the L plate on.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to moosemousse For This Useful Post:

stellarnight  (27-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moosemousse View Post
    I've often wondered though, say you take the tough approach and say, fine if you don't want to eat then there's no dinner, won't they wake up in the middle of the night starving?? Cos I really don't fancy the idea of getting a 2am wake up call. Sorry if that's a silly question to ask. First time mum. Still got the L plate on.
    I've found that they generally just get up a bit earlier and eat a bigger breakfast.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moosemousse View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing, hence this topic! She eats better breakfast, but last night woke up a few times. Hopefully she'll get used to it, dinner last night was her favourite but only yoghurt after, no fruit / random choices to find something she'd eat. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok just an update to this in case anyone is interested

we had two nights of serving DD's favourite dinner (spaghetti bol) where she trnasferred most from her bowl to her high chair tray and back to her bowl, with a fair bit ending up on the floor. she ate a bit, then i gave her yoghurt for dessert as normal but of course cut out the 2 or 3 other options until she ate what i thought was enough.

then 2 nights of pasta with cheese and veg and she ate a few pieces. the second night of this only one solitary piece of pasta ended up on the floor!!!

tonight we had salmon mornay with rice and while i fed her most of it with a spoon as it ended up not really being finger food friendly, she ate a fair bit. she went right off salmon for ages so i'm pretty happy with that result!

i pretty much don't pay her any attention while she's eating unless i'm feeding her and DH and i have been able to actually talk during dinner

thanks everyone, still baby steps but that light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stellarnight For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (01-10-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (01-10-2013)