+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How did you tell DP you were pregnant?

A friend of mine recently asked if I'd be doing my next pregnancy test with DP...and to be honest I always kind of thought I'd find out on my own then find some cute way of telling him but it would be cool to find out together.

Which way did you go? And if you surprised him, how did you do it?

DP is a Ford fanatic so I had some onesies printed especially for him

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I surprised my DP. I knew abut it for a week before she found out. I went to Kmart and got Hera "you're going to be a mummy" card and wrote in it from bubs perspective and posted it. She just about fell over when she read it

Thanks
    Reviews
    First time I just told him... We spent the next 9 months in shock. Second time he was in a meeting at work and I couldn't call him. We were texting and He said he was bored so I said I had news that would liven his day up and told him by text. I couldn't keep it to myself until his lunch break... That was a whole hour away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Keerah I can't believe you lasted a whole week!

Megz I'd be the same as you, would want to bust it out as soon as I saw positive

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had an agreement (he didn't follow through lol) I said that if I got pregnant he needed to eat a whopper a day because I didn't want to get fat by myself! So when I found out I called him straight away and told him to stop by hjs and pick up a whopper.... He was on the other side of town and was confused and thought I was asking him to bring me food for lunch....took him a few minutes to work it out haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was hard!!

I had had a couple of chem pregnancies and I was only 10dpo when I got the pos so wanted to be sure before I got too excited and told her. I almost went mad waiting for the postie the day the card was due to arrive lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww Melly I love that!

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The first time, I found out on my lunch break at work so I called my gp and made an appointment for after work that night, then called DH and told him something had come up at work and I would be late home.

When I got home from the gp I and he asked how my day was I handed him the info the Dr had given me without and saying anything and watched the realization dawn on his face, I don't think I have ever seen him so happy.

The 2nd time, I put DS in a guess who's going to be a big brother onesie and waited for DH to notice.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With my first we actually went through ivf so were waiting on the blood test result from the clinic. I was at work and had a missed call so I rang them and they told me. They then said didn't your husband tell you??? Say what - I can't believe he knew first and didn't even try to call me!!! We were both very happy about the news

Second time round we were very lucky to have conceived without assistance. I had been feeling off my food and super tired. Jokingly said to dh I might be pregnant but we both highly doubted it. Next day we decided to buy a test anyway and I had to show dh the test to make sure there were 2 lines and not just my imagination.