+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Csection wound

I had my csection 5 days ago and all went very well and I have had zero pain or discomfort from the following day. I had my staples removed yesterday by the midwives that visit your house and they said it all looked really good but there is an area where the skin hasn't joined yet. So I have to use steri stripes to hold it together til it has joined. There is a small amount ooze coming from the wound which I was told is fine........

The thought of my wound makes me feel sick and very upset.......has anybody else had this feeling??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 1st CS the wound healed fine (though I had plenty of pain and discomfort) but it took about 6 weeks before I dared look at it.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    If your worried about ooze I'd get it checked by a GP to rule out infection. If there is an off smell to it or its turned yellow or greenish definitely go to the GP because it most likely could be infection. Sorry not trying to make you worry more, just trying to inform you on what to look out so your on top of it

When I had my C section I didn't have staples so I'm not sure what the healing is like. I had stitches inside and outside, the outside ones were removed on the 5th day after birth when I left hospital. I don't remember oozing so to speak though once I was home, It healed well.

Also whats steri stripes? Are they like cotton pad type stuff to keep the wound dry and safe from rubbing on clothing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first c-section I had no issue looking at the wound but my second I felt so sick every time I looked at it. I remember nearly passing out and getting the shakes when I had to take the dressing off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a small area that hadn't sealed together and it did ooze. I had steri strips and it healed fine, just take it easy and make sure you see a doc if you think the 'ooze' is a bit smelly or green.

Thanks
    Reviews
    make sure u dry the area well after a shower/bath, even use a hair dryer so that the area doesnt stay moist... I learnt the hard way after my hysterectomy so I tell anyone who has had an C- section etc to keep the area as dry as possible

if it starts to ooze yellow or smell, go straight to the Dr or if really bad the hospital..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe I will go to my gp......even just to ease my mind. I just feel so silly though going to see my gp after just leaving hosp 2 days ago.....

Even just writing about the wound now makes me feel upset.....so strange

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't feel silly about getting checked out. Best to be safe & avoid infection if possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Put a clean sanitary pad against your wound. It will absorb any ooze. Is the skin around the open bit of wound red? Warm to touch? Have you been having fevers? What colour is the ooze? Is it a yellow pus discharge or serous ie light pink/watery blood? If it's notno fevers and no pus discharge then you're probably ok. Just keep the area clean and if you develop any of the above symptoms, see your GP. Just take things easy and don't overdo it. Relax, enjoy your bub and let the steri strips do their job 😊

ETA: if you are going to use a hairdryer to dry your wound, best use the cool setting. You don't want to burn yourself.
    Last edited by M'LadyEm; 25-09-2013 at 22:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree about the sanitary pad. That's what I did also. I had internal stitches and glue? I think on the outside (there were no stitches or staples). Mine weeper a bit from one side for a couple of weeks. The nurses gave me some gauze pads then I just used sanitary pads. Once it healed up it was fine. I got mine checked by a doctor as I was asked to after I left hospital just as a precaution. My discharge was clear with a little bit of blood now and then (when I overdid it) so no infection. Hope everything goes well for you. I would get it checked out just incase and to put your mind at ease.