+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy To continue down the ivf track?

Hi, I'm new to this forum and not sure all the etiquette, but thought I'd try. I'm on the ivf track and have just done my 3rd attempt. I didn't last the 2 weeks and got Af 2 days before blood test.this is my 3rd bfn for the year and I'm really confused. Do I stick with the same doctor/ivf clinic or do I start looking elsewhere? I have also read that after 5attempts your chances drop dramatically. Does anyone have any advice.? I'm starting to get very anxious and scared about the future. I just seem to get no answers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hugs to you...its such a disheartening process... Have you had an appointment with your FS to see why he/she thinks you havent been successful so far? Perhaps they can suggest a change to your protocol or the addition of something (a uterine scratch for example depending on what they think might be behind the failures)... Personally I think it's worth having a chat to them before you make a decision re changing clinics...if they have no answers/suggestions, then you can always make an appointment elsewhere for a second opinion.

in our case, we did 5 stimulated cycles and two FETs before getting our BFP with the second FET. We were actually waiting for an appointment at a new clinic when we got our BFP, so for us, it was perseverance that paid off in the end.

Xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (26-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again baby prayers, you kindly answered into my thread earlier :-) as you know I am in my third two week wait, and as you would fully know and understand you can't switch off and the mind runs a million miles an hour about 'what next' I have been thinking about it non stop too...

Please don't give up, one of my best friends had 6 transfers prior to getting a BFP - her beautiful bub is just over 3 months old now and they use the best embryos first so he was the weakest and now he is a strong little man who has brought a lot of happiness!!! I have been told the more transfers you have the better the chance!!!

I don't know if you are open to alternative therapies to support your body through this, but she had 6 transfers then started seeing a Traditional Chinese medicine practitioner and had 4 months off then came her final FET and a BFP :-) I am seeing the same guy and it has been nothing less than amazing for me, I have had made a lot of changes and feel so much better for it.

FS's don't generally agree with it being used in conjunction with IVF well not all mine was ok with it, but even if you see one just to help your body heal before another transfer - I have admittedly gone off the herbs they give you for this cycle but it is more to help your body leading up to it all, my guy has addressed a lot of issues I didn't even know I had.

Sorry this has become a lot more long winded than I had planned, but I know how much this has helped my emotionally and physically but please don't give up - you have barely touched the sides :-)

Congrats pilbara!!!!! I love knowing it does work :-)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rose2207 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (26-09-2013),Pilbara  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't give up! I'm pregnant with transfer number 5 after 3 cycles
    I found changing Dr's / Clinics really was the best thing for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't give up, as I cuddle my 11 week old DS, I thank god I had just one more go.

With DS1 I fell pregnant on my 1st IUI cycle & was told he was a fluke

With DS2 I went through two IUI cycles & one IVF cycle all with BFN. I decided I had had enough heartbreak but my parents offered to pay for 1 more cycle, my FS decided to chuck in a extra drug protocol (blood thinners, AB's etc) on top of the normal fertility drugs whether that had anything to do with it I'm not sure.

Your current FS knows you I would def sit down with them & discuss it before you give up

Good Luck on your journey, it's a hell of a ride when you get to your destination

DH 37 + me 33 = DS1 3.5 & DS2 10 wks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to everyone who replied. You all give me hope. I have had 3 egg pick ups and in the first one I had 7 eggs, no embryos frozen as only 2 survived and they out them in. Second egg collection 16 eggs only 3 fertilized, then again down to one last egg pickup I only had 3 eggs and only 1 fertilized. I have none frozen and have to go through it all again. I had clexane injections and took prednisolone as well as the gel twice a day. My fs is lovely and understanding, I am with city fertility which I like as I know the nurses there. I will give them one more go, and maybe let them know I might move on.