+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tips to keep nursery cool during hit nights?

Well the weather is heating up and just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to keep the nursery or baby cool during naps/sleep?

Running the aircon is not an option, it's in the lounge room at other end of the house. Is a fan ok?

My DD uses a grobag and I don't know how to dress her at night either, as it can be 23 when I put her to sleep and it drops to 17, I'm certainly not waking her up and dressing her in warming clothing throughout the night so tend to overdress her at the beginning...

Thanks
    Reviews
    -Maybe opt for dressing her in different materials? Such as a bamboo cotton onsie that has sleeves and use a light tog sleep bag during day sleeps and maybe. 1.0 for night time?
    - apparently using sheepskin liners are supposed to regulate body temp so maybe see if you can find any info on them (?google) but be sure that you get one in a fitted mattress protector style and use it under sheets (for SIDS risk)
    -Fan on medium for sleep put down (used to find this great to distract them to fall asleep watching it too lol) and switch it to low when asleep in the day and also fan on low at night and switched off when you go to bed.
    - Get a bub monitor with temp measurement on your receiver end. You may even be able to find one with an alarm if it gets too hot or cold.

Hope some ideas help

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BeeSam For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    my newborn used to only sleep if the fan on low blowing directly on her.. she was a late october baby and born in brisbane and hated to be hot. so i would put her in a light onesie with a muslin wrap and the fan blowing on her ..i used to worry she would get cold but she didnt

can you put in a ceiling fan ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the insights I will purchase a pedestal fan this weekend rather not go whole hog for ceiling fan hubby is not very handy lol
    Bamboo onesie is a great idea will have to find some. Also have a 0.5 tog sleeping bag for super hot nights so we'll get through it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a tower fan in DS's room that has a timer so I can set it to be on for up to 2 hours and then it will switch itself off. I found this great for those nights when it is warmer when you put them down but the temp drops later. If I know it will be hot all night then I don't use the timer and just leave it on. On hot nights he is in short sleeve PJ's and a 0.3tog bamboo sleeping bag.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (26-09-2013)