+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default HPT Experts I need you!

Hi Ladies Now I would have considered my self an HPT expert but this time it has me perplexed. I've done a total of 7 HPT's. 5 FRER and 2 Digital all confirm that I am indeed pregnant with a surprise bub. I did my first HPT on Monday 16 September on a FRER and it was a definite line there. On Tuesday I did a Clear blue digital and it came up saying 'Pregnant 1-2' which fit with how far along I thought I was. I did a couple of FRER in between and on Thursday the line came up as dark as the control line confirming that my levels were increasing at least. I had 1 FRER left so I did that yesterday and the line came up before the wee had reached the control line and it is so dark it's almost like the test line sucked the colour out of the control line. I've never seen one so dark but realise that dyes are different from batch to batch test to test. So I did my last digital this morning and I was fully expecting to see 'Pregnant 2-3' but no it says 'Pregnant 3+' putting me at over 5 weeks pregnant confusing me no end. My dates are as follows I know I had EWCM on the 3,4,5,6 of September but I don't take much notice of that because I can have it quite often in a cycle due to PCOS. So my first HPT would have been done at 10DPO if I go by the last day I noticed EWCM. Has any one had weird results on a digital HPT? I can only assume I'm further along that what I though. But it doesn't match my dates or HPT's results as in terms of the strength of the test line on the FRER's. I hope that makes sense. I hope you can understand all that. I can't make this easier to read on the PC cause for some reason I can't 'enter' to create paragraphs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you're sure on your dates you might just have high hcg. It's only a variable of a few days and digi hits aren't as accurate at dating a pregnancy as other methods. Why not get a BT and a dating scan to confirm? Congrats on your pregnancy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Perhaps your hcg is just higher. The only accurate way to know how far along you are is with a dating scan, everyone's hcg rises a little different.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. That's what I was thinking but I over analyse everything and I needed a second opinion. I have a scan booked for the 1st but I'm going to change it to the 11th cause I'll be around 7 weeks. I had a BT last week but haven't got the results yet. Not that they will tell me anything cause I really need a follow up BT to see if they are rising on par.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a 3+ weeks on a clear blue digi at 15 dpo. I looked up heaps of stuff on Google and freaked myself out totally. I had regular bloods done that showed that I just had high hcg levels (3000 at 18dpo). I am now 25 weeks and my dates are spot on with one healthy bub. More research and the conclusion was definitely that the digi tests just aren't accurate at determining dating.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NicT For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found the digis accurate with my rates. From 1-2, 2-3 to 3+. But levels are different in every pregnancy. You could just have higher levels...or twinnies the digi just proves that your levels have in fact increased congratulations

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MyboysMylife For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (10-10-2013)