+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone experienced this...

Hi there, I've been a silent reader of posts for a while and thought I would be brave and post something myself for a change :-D
    I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. I'm 35 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing varying levels of discomfort under my right breast, just at the top of my bump. It started a few months ago and was a warm sensation as if I had rubbed deep heat on the area. It's gradually gotten worse and mostly now feels uncomfortable. Usually a burning feeling like prickly heat. It often feels bruised and tender to touch and sometimes the skin feels numb. My obstetrician has said it's probably a stretched nerve but hasn't offered any remedy. It's driving me mad. I've tried ice but that just made the burning feel more intense.
    Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and if anyone has discovered anything that offers any relief? I imagine it's only going to get worse until the bub makes an appearance :-/
    This is my first pregnancy so all these delights are new to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes! It's normal! I can't remember the cause, something to do with ribs shifting but yes I know I had it and at least one friend- you're not going crazy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A warm bath or wheat bag helped a little, but it just eventually stopped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    As your uterus grows up it squishes all your other internal organs upwards too (think stomach -yay reflux, lungs etc). So you can still breathe etc, your rib age expands to give you more room for everything to fit. Like your dr said, probably a stretched nerve or the like. As long as it's not painful when you're breathing there's not a lot you can do. Someone suggested a heat pack/warm bath. Try those and see how you go. For me I seem to find heat fixes everything. (Not pregnant, but general aches and pains, migraines etc).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone!! I read somewhere that olive oil might offer some relief... It doesn't. But it did entertain my husband - he thought it was hilarious :-D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yup I've had this for the past three weeks straight! Apparently can be due to bub leaning on rib due to space running out or due to expanding of the ribs. I mentioned it to Ob this week and he said it's fairly common. It hurts so much, found the only thing that helps is a heat pack on the spot. once DH gently rubbed it and little miss moved away but she dosnt anymore guess she likes that spot. It makes sitting and lying down so painful, i can't wait now to have her so I don't have that pain anymore even though I'm scared of labour