+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default A full night of sleep...

Whether your bub starting sleeping through, your DP/DH got up to bottle feed during the night, or a family member helped out...I am curious...
    When did you get your first full night of sleep after bub was born AND how did you achieve this?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    DD1 - 4 months, she slept through the night then and I didn't do anything, just followed her lead.

DS - 18 months. He was still waking at about 11pm for a feed, but I just stopped. One night he woke up and I just kept on putting his dummy in so he knew he wasn't getting a feed. Took about 2 hours that night of me going back in and that was it.

DD2 - slept through from 1 week old for between 7-11 hours. Had a bit of a tough few months around 3-5 months, but I Followed her lead. She's 9 months now and been asleep since 6pm last night and haven't heard peep from her.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (26-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When ds slept through the night after his 6 week needles and then again a week ago when ds randomly slept tgrough the night at 11 months.

As long as he doesn't wake morr than twice and settles straight after a feed I have learnt to handle it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Donnab739 For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (26-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    When bub was about 6 weeks he slept for 8 hours, waking about 6am. I don't necessarily count that as sleeping through but it was great. I don't know what I did (if anything) at that point. Probably a good feed (big bottle of expressed milk for the late feed, swaddle, nice room temp).

Bub started sleeping 10+ hours from about 9-10 weeks and 12ish hours from just over 3 months. For me the trick was .... Save our Sleep. Yes it it controversial but I found getting the day naps timed right ... and the bedding/room temp right....to be critical in getting bub to 'sleep through.'

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (26-09-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS slept though at 8 weeks. I didn't do anything magical, he was just a good sleeper.

DD I've had my first sleep throughs this week and its awesome. She doesn't sleep through but I've cut her night feed so if she wakes in the night (when she wakes in the night) DP goes to her. Trade off is I get up at 5am. That suits me fine. She is almost 10 months.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (26-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bub was 4 weeks old and in PICU... she'd had open heart surgery. I blissfully slept all night. I wouldn't recommend this strategy though. . Oh and I woke up in a lake of milk!!!!

Bub is 10 months now. .. And I could count on one hand how many nights I've had more than 4 hours straight!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (26-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    DS slept though at 8 weeks. I didn't do anything magical, he was just a good sleeper.

DD I've had my first sleep throughs this week and its awesome. She doesn't sleep through but I've cut her night feed so if she wakes in the night (when she wakes in the night) DP goes to her. Trade off is I get up at 5am. That suits me fine. She is almost 10 months.
    Parallel universe here FL. DD has started letting DH settle her in the middle of the night and we get up at 5am.

I haven't really had a full night of sleep consistently for 3.5 years - yes, the odd one here and there but I suffered pregnancy insomnia both times and DS didn't sleep through till 14 months.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My twin DD slept through from 11 weeks they have always been amazing sleepers. DS is 5 months and he slept through (8.5 hours) three nights in a row when he was 2 months and has never done it since! He wakes anywhere between 2-5 times a night but he has a feed and settles back to sleep straight away.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to The Mediocre Mumma For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (26-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1- 8 weeks
    DS. - 6 weeks
    DD2- 11 months!!

Cheeky 3rd baby

First 2 I didn't do anything special, they were all BF and just slept through all of a sudden, of course it didn't last though..

DD2 co-slept so her not sleeping thru was my own fault because she had the milk right beside her!! She'd snack all night
    Last edited by 3bubbys; 25-09-2013 at 07:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS - 6 months. He just gradually stretched his feeds out. He still had a 5am feed until 12 months but would go back to sleep with me until 7.30am.

DD - 2 years. With a sleep consultant and lots and lots and lots of hard work.