+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    The problem is the op's son has to be protected.

There is ways to support without her coming into the house where the op's son is without her being rejected

She did something stupid and stole something.

Again, if an older child stole something from a younger one...would you kick them out...or would you look for a solution.

I hate that step kids are "optional"...it is her dad and his house should be as her home...not somewhere she can be banned from for making a silly teenage mistake.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (25-09-2013),haveheart  (26-09-2013),SassyMummy  (25-09-2013),VicPark  (26-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    She did something stupid and stole something.

Again, if an older child stole something from a younger one...would you kick them out...or would you look for a solution.

I hate that step kids are "optional"...it is her dad and his house should be as her home...not somewhere she can be banned from for making a silly teenage mistake.
    Agree

Whilst what she did was awful, if she was the 'full' sister of the child she stole from would you still kick her out or ban her, I doubt it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (25-09-2013)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It sounds like its alot more entrenched than a simple mistake.

My children grew up with their elder siblings spending approximately 10% of their time in our house and 90% of their time at their mothers house, whereas my children have no choice but to spend 100% of their time at my house.

The step daughter hasn't been kicked out of home or rejected, but the op is saying the influence cant be around her son until there's reformation.

I've never rejected my step children but they know certain behaviors cannot be exercised at our house or around their younger siblings

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

anotherbubba  (26-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I agree with those saying let her mother and father sort it out. There's no reason you can't be in your DH's ear telling him he needs to deal with it... but I don't really think there's any way you can involve yourself further and end up with a positive result.

As for booting her from your life... it's a 3DS. She wasn't injected heroin in front of your son or anything extreme like that, I don't think, "You're banned from our home because you stole a DS," is a fair punishment at all, and any father that would agree to that is a pathetic excuse for one IMO.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

haveheart  (26-09-2013),Mokeybear  (25-09-2013),Pusheen The Cat  (26-09-2013),River Song  (26-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to strongly disagree with this.

Would you kick your child out of home if they went through a rough patch? If not, then how can you suggest the child's father tells HIS child she is not welcome in his home. It would be incredibly damaging.

Clearly, something is going on with this girl and she needs help and support...yes, consequences...but rejection is not going to help on any level.
    I love my step daughter and i never once said that i would reject or kick her out..so please read my post carefully before judging me. i have a right to feel dissapointed for my son and have this sorted out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherbubba View Post
    I love my step daughter and i never once said that i would reject or kick her out..so please read my post carefully before judging me. i have a right to feel dissapointed for my son and have this sorted out.
    i never said you did...i quoted a member who said that your step daughter should be banned and responded directly to her. I did not judge you and never said that she should not have consequences and infact, the post before the one where i quoted someone else i said that stealing the DS was a big deal and she needed to apologise and make amends. Please don't take a single response to another poster as a judgement!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i never said you did...i quoted a member who said that your step daughter should be banned and responded directly to her. I did not judge you and never said that she should not have consequences and infact, the post before the one where i quoted someone else i said that stealing the DS was a big deal and she needed to apologise and make amends. Please don't take a single response to another poster as a judgement!
    Oops. .I do apologize. .maybe i should have read the posts properly.