+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default TMI period question... tampon replacement times?

Having woken up this morning greeted by my lovely period, I'm wondering...

If you were to wear super tampons, how often would you have to change them to avoid leaks?

I'm on my 3rd since 7.30am and that doesn't seem normal...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For me thats pretty normal. Any pain? Or more pain than usual? If its not normal for you, you have alot of pain and are concerned then maybe a gp visit might be in order.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't remember as I've been pregnant & breastfeeding a lot lately lol

But I'm pretty sure on the first day of AF I had to change a lot. It was usually pretty heavy and I would leak.....

DH & I

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    First 2 days supers last an hour or 2 if I'm lucky, I wear mat pads too. I'm bf'ing at the mo but once AF comes back I'm going to try the mirena iud. I was heavy pre-kids but post is awful.
    Is yours the same post kids?

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I never used super but would change a regular tampon about every 2 hours on cd 1 & 2. I did use a pad as well as back up so often would get leaks but it didn't matter.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Ta guys.

I'm mostly on the pill, but forgot to get a new script (didn't realise I'd run out) so had to have this month pill-less. I've been on the pill for 5 years, so I'm not used to a normal period.

It's freaking gross. I've been in pain most of the month, just random aches and pains in the uterine area, and ovulation pains, and then PMS (I never had this before, I know that). Then when it came on this morning, I was in foetal position unable to sleep. So definitely not a pleasant period.

The on-the-pill period requires all of a handful of mini tampons. An hour after popping in the first super tampon, I was shopping, and felt a leak. I had to go buy new undies...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For the first few days, I would have to change within two hours.