+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Any HR/Recruitment experts who can answer a question for me??!!

OK DH was made redundant from his role and has to apply for the new position doing pretty much the exact same thing. He was given a position description and I am trying to help him with his cover letter for it.
    Part of the position description says *company* competencies - You will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies in how you perform your role.
    Then it has a list of competencies, e.g - achieves results, communicates effectively etc.
    SO my question is, in the cover letter do I address these? Or does this just mean it is things they will have to do in their role? So confused!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    OK DH was made redundant from his role and has to apply for the new position doing pretty much the exact same thing. He was given a position description and I am trying to help him with his cover letter for it.
    Part of the position description says *company* competencies - You will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies in how you perform your role.
    Then it has a list of competencies, e.g - achieves results, communicates effectively etc.
    SO my question is, in the cover letter do I address these? Or does this just mean it is things they will have to do in their role? So confused!
    Is there a 'selection criteria' requirement? Or just a cover letter? Ie. are there 'essential criteria' he needs to address? If so, address them all, individually under separate headings, about a paragraph each. He will need to state how he has 'demonstrated' these competences as they have specifically stated that.

If he just needs a cover letter then yes, he should give brief examples of how he has demonstrated the above ie. 'I have always achieved above and beyond monthly targets, achieving employee awards for my work on (such and such a project)' type thing.

Hope this helps!

Why did he get made redundant, then re-employed? Was there a period of time away from his job?