Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bumping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr Lahoud at IVF Australia. I saw him for three stim cycles (result DS, now 17 months) at the Greenwich clinic, and am halfway through a natural FET at tthe Castle Hill clinic. He's a lovely guy and always willing to try new technology/drugs. It really feels like you're a team with him; I know some docs won't let you make any decisions.

In 2011, each ICSI cycle cost about $7500, I think we were about $10,000 out of pocket in total by the time we got our BFP. This time, it was $2985 (including a new glue to help the embryo stick) to do our FET cycle, and I got $1504 back from Medicare.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PeJu's Mum For This Useful Post:

Bebedayz  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VikkiB View Post
    Dr Lahoud at IVF Australia. I saw him for three stim cycles (result DS, now 17 months) at the Greenwich clinic, and am halfway through a natural FET at tthe Castle Hill clinic. He's a lovely guy and always willing to try new technology/drugs. It really feels like you're a team with him; I know some docs won't let you make any decisions.

In 2011, each ICSI cycle cost about $7500, I think we were about $10,000 out of pocket in total by the time we got our BFP. This time, it was $2985 (including a new glue to help the embryo stick) to do our FET cycle, and I got $1504 back from Medicare.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thanks Vicki!!! Great feedback and congrats on your bubba!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were with Dr Hillary Joyce at Genea. She is fabulous.
    Also agree with what Bedlover said regarding the Genea. The entire clinic and staff are wonderful. They do things when it suits your body not their schedule. I've been in the clinic on Sundays and public holidays.
    I had my ET with Dr Geoffrey Reid who was also very good, if a little eccentric!
    Good luck on your journey xx

Me 39 DF 35
    DD ICSI April 2011
    Baby no 2 due Nov 13 - natural!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMoon For This Useful Post:

Bebedayz  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    While we were looking at ivf clinics, I had someone recommend Westmead Fertility Centre to me. They're a not for profit so the cost is incredibly lower than the other clinics. I wasn't sure at first but after our first appointment with our fs, my mind was made up. I really liked her. The whole experience isn't as personal as going through one of the more expensive places but all the staff I've dealt with have been amazing and whenever ivf had a question or problem, they've been more than helpful. I also had surgery to look for endometriosis which was performed by one of the other fs' associated with WFC and I was extremely happy with him also.
    While we had the money in savings to use at one of the more expensive ones if needed, we're extremely grateful that we have the extra money in savings as it now looks like we'll be ready to buy our own house in 6 months or so. This would not be possible if we had've had all the same treatment at a more expensive clinic.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GBA85 For This Useful Post:

Bebedayz  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks greenmoon and becca!!! Much appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bebedayz, we are also using Genea seeing Dr Alison Gee I haven't been with any other clinic. Have been seeing Alison for the past 6mths. We start our first cycle of IVF early March 2014. Very excited and also apprehensive. But I can't say enough about my dealings with Genea both myself and DH are very happy with Alison and all the other staff at Genea. Yes they are expensive but if we get our baby at the end of it that money can't compare to our happiness. Best of luck in your journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, I went through Genea 3 times (Dr Dezarnaulds, she was very good) and they were great but expensive at around $5,000 per stimulated cycle. So I switched to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (RPAH) with Dr Marren, they use the same doctors and Genea lab and technicians but for around $1,500 per cycle. There are limitations, you can't choose your doc and they only do the 'long down regulation' which takes longer and they are only open mon to sat so they do regulate your cycle to a timetable but I had success there when I didn't at Genea. Cost did become an extra major stress for us, so to go the cheaper option was brilliant. In the end the 'long down regulation' suited me better anyway and I would have done that regulation at Genea after the first 3 failed. Plus because all the doctors are the same all my records were easily handed over and followed upon rather than starting from scratch again. I'm back at RPAH trying for my second baby so I am on my 6th cycle in total (4th was successful)

I know when I started I was thinking quality over quantity but in the end it was both, we needed to keep trying to find a good egg. They tell you to budget for 2 to 4 cycles, so thats 10 to 20K at Genea or 3 to 6k at RPAH. Something to think about anyway. If you do go the public route, get a GP referral and book an appointment asap as waiting times can be lengthy.

Good luck!!