Reviews

Default Timber or timber laminate

What's better for floors in a house? Opinions please

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Timber!
    Laminate you cannot wet mop as the boards get effected by too much water..ours dont look that nice anymore because they are raise in areas from absorbing water! We planning to redo our floor, rip up the timber laminate and put down timber or bamboo flooring...so much nicer and longer lasting ! nothing beats the real.thing !

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Timber. The real thing is just better.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    They said timber marks easier and laminate is more durable is this true? Because we went to display house and we were told they had timber but when looking closer we think it's laminate and it has marked quite easily

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Timber flooring... But if they are old I hate the squeezing etc lol!

Idammed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Timber. We have solid timber floors and yes I would say it marks quite easy because it's soft. Drop a knife etc and it leaves a mark. More than when I've had laminate in the past. Though I think they look beautiful I would still choose timber over laminate.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My laminate sucks, we can't wait to rip it all up. I'd go with real timber.

As PP said you basically can't wet mop it. It soaks up any water and bubbles. I've got so many areas where water has caused it to swell up. It also shrinks and expands - some days it pinches my feet, other days it starts bowing up off the ground. It has also faded badly where the sun hits it. Trying to creep around the house is impossible - it's so noisy to walk on (this may be due to installation).

On the plus side - it's so crappy I don't care if it gets scratched or dented.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely go for the real thing if you can. There is no way laminate is more durable, and it does puff up permanently if water gets under it. eg: if the dishwasher leaks or wet mopping. Also, as mentioned, if you drop a knife, it will leave a permanent chip mark. Also, it is very hard to 'spot clean' if you have a small spill- you can tell where you have done the spot clean. We have laminate flooring at the moment- it looks ok, it is now 4 years old, but I think we will only get a few years out of it and then we will go for the real thing. Laminate was a quick fix and cheaper at the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sils friends dish washer leaked on theirs! And they were like 'oh we will clean up later' LOL! There whole kitchen is a bubble 😳

Idammed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are looking at tectonic timber flooring. We had bamboo in our last place and was really disappointed with it, scratched much easier than they said it would, I dropped a dinner knife and it left a dint. We put felt padding under all our furniture and still moving the dining chairs left scratches. We also had a lot of boards split.