+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default When was your child toilet trained at night?

Sorry if this has been previously discussed, my DS is almost 4 & in the past he did really well without a nappy at night, but it didn't last long & then he regressed. I've recently had a new bub so have been somewhat reluctant to try again with enough sleepless nights & washing with the new baby. At what age did your child go without a nappy and with no accidents regularly? What worked for you, or was your child just 'ready'? Tia

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it's really something you can train them to do, I honestly believe it's something they have to be ready for. When he wakes for a few weeks with dry nappies then he is ready. You could try taking him to the toilet before you go to bed (dream wee) & also cut his drinks off at a certain time before bed.

Good Luck

DH 37 + me 33 = DS1 3.5 & DS2 10 wks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think what worked for us was co-sleeping. My ds was 2.5 when he was fully trained. We were lucky and he "got it" straight away from the 2nd day of tt. So he was day and night trained at the same time basically.
    If ur son is a gud sleeper then he will probably only wee when he wakes, so with co-sleeping, I was up the moment he stirred so could remind him to go to the toilet/potty. He did have the occasional accident at nap time for about 2 weeks but never at night. So co-sleeping helped. Gud luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just wait til he is ready. My DD has only ever wet the bed once but she is a light sleeper. DH's brother still wet the bed at 7 but he is the deepest sleeper I know. I think kids are ready in their own time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It is normal until 7 for kids to not be dry at night.

My daughter is 5 and she has never had a dry night.

My son is 3 and is dry 99% of the time in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter went without a nappy at night at around 4 and has only ever had a few accidents when she hasn't been well. I didn't let her drink past 6pm and put her on the toilet around midnight when I was heading to bed, she was pretty much still asleep but would wee anyway. I only did that for about a week or so and then she just got it. She was waking up with mostly dry nappies when I did this though so I think she may have just been ready!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 4 and a bit, but we take him to the toilet before we go to bed so he still doesn't go all night

DS2 Was continuously dry at 12 months

they are all so different, i wouldn't be worried unless he is older then 7.
    try taking him to the toilet before you go to bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    After a few goes of day TTing my DS finally clicked 2mths before his 3rd birthday. He was day and night trained within 3wks. After a few nights if dry nappy I decided to try him with undies. He went to the toilet before bed and then went as soon as he woke up. A few times he didn't make to the toilet but at least he knew he had to go.
    I think it also helped that he drank no drinks since dinner apart from a sip or two of water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son was 6.5. My daughter was 2.5. Both just said they were ready and did it.

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoTi View Post
    Sorry if this has been previously discussed, my DS is almost 4 & in the past he did really well without a nappy at night, but it didn't last long & then he regressed. I've recently had a new bub so have been somewhat reluctant to try again with enough sleepless nights & washing with the new baby. At what age did your child go without a nappy and with no accidents regularly? What worked for you, or was your child just 'ready'? Tia
    DD 1 was day toilet trained around 2 yo - she still woke wet in nappy at 3 - then one day she just said she wanted to go to bed in her big girl knickers - i woke her at 12 for 3 nights and made her pee but after that got lazy. Ive been super lucky as she just 'got' it. she is now 5 and has only wet the bed 3 x. I dont think i will be as lucky with my dd2 who is showing intense hatred toward potty - we havent even started trying yet haha