+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Target is one of my fave shops though its usually the kids I buy for. Will have a look though. Just wish my body wasn't so out of proportion!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You could try one of the target "secret sculpt" dresses, they have a slimming panel which is supposed to help the tummy area.

I also like the target limited editions range, lots of nice dresses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Another option is you get skirt pants (no idea what theyre actually called) but you can get quite nice ones that you can dress up or down and they look like a skirt.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Haven't seen these before. Will keep an eye out for them. Would you know the name of the shops that have these?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    If you go with pants, something floaty (e.g. silk or rayon) would work best. Try "Tree of Life" maybe. You could maybe try a kaftan style dress from there?

DJs in the city has a few sales racks scattered around at the moment & Myer has its "take an extra 50%" off already reduced designer clothes, so you might find a nice pair of designer pants & top, or a dress, for a good price. I think some racks may even have an extra 75% off.
    Didn't think of tree of life. There's one near my workplace, will have to check it out during lunch break. Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    You could try one of the target "secret sculpt" dresses, they have a slimming panel which is supposed to help the tummy area.

I also like the target limited editions range, lots of nice dresses.
    I have shapewear which I will have to put on and it helps a little. I am quite short in the torso so often target clothes don't sit well on me. Will have a look anyway, thx.

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Here are some suggestions on dressing it up..i think coloured or pattern pants may be best as they dont look like work pants. And.maybe a lose top if wearing fitted pants.
    Hope u find what ur looking for

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsHoward For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (24-09-2013),NewMrs  (24-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mrshoward. I like the second outfit. The black top could hide my tummy and the coloured pants make brightens up the outfit and makes it look more dressy. I think a shopping trip is in order.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cousin just had her wedding and I wore black pants with a pretty green top. Then wore sparkly jewelry and had my hair and makeup really nice. I didn't look casual at all.
    I find dresses make me look pregnant and I don't feel comfy in them. I felt way more pretty and confident in pants and top. If it was hotter I would've worn a black skirt with my top.

Oh and I wore my maternity black pants. Very comfy and still looked nice!

If you're still feeling self-conscious about your belly, get the slimming undies or shorts. They do make you look trimmer.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleButterfly4 For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (24-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleButterfly4 View Post
    My cousin just had her wedding and I wore black pants with a pretty green top. Then wore sparkly jewelry and had my hair and makeup really nice. I didn't look casual at all.
    I find dresses make me look pregnant and I don't feel comfy in them. I felt way more pretty and confident in pants and top. If it was hotter I would've worn a black skirt with my top.

Oh and I wore my maternity black pants. Very comfy and still looked nice!

If you're still feeling self-conscious about your belly, get the slimming undies or shorts. They do make you look trimmer.
    I am leaning towards pants and fancy top with some sparkly jewellery. I don't own or wear makeup and pretty much never get my hair done. I am a very daggy person lol. Just hope the bride doesn't think I am being sloppy. Dressing up just doesn't come naturally to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with looking at target, they have some gorgeous dresses that are designed to flatter the tummy, you could invest in a push up bra and a set of chicken fillets to enhance your bust as well. Motto clothing is also another great store I don't know if they are in Sydney (I assume they are) but the clothing concept is brilliant - it's all about layering and their designs will hide a multitude do sins. If you go into a store the ladies will design an outfit to suit you and they have beautiful vibrant colours best of all it's all stretchy and super comfy. Google the website

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lovelymum For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (24-09-2013)