+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Etiquette or not people are going to do what they want to do..really aren't they?

It's like if you have a noisy neighbour you can't change them..right, most people will do what the hell they want to do with little or no courtesy or respect for others.

My suggestion is on par with a few others camp somewhere isolated where no one else will camp.

Ewk I can think of nothing worse than camping with heaps of other people but then I am an introvert and generally hate other being in crowded spots and around other people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    We do a bit of camping and yeah you do get the early, risers. Some are respectful of their surroundings and others can't give a rats. I have found if staying in a caravan park, there are usually noise restrictions between certain times, usually between 10 pm and 7 am.

I generally prefer the early risers that are respectful of those around them as opposed to those that think if they are up everyone else should be too.

Sent from my GT-S6500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Why 7am?? For me 7am is wasted daylight no matter where I am. 6am is an acceptable time to start my day. It would drive me insane laying quietly in case I interrupted someone "wasting" their time by sleeping cause then in turn they're also wasting mine.

What if someone elses acceptable time is 9am and your kids disturbed them? (Hypothetically).

Of all the things I dont understand, people thinking their way of doing things is far more normal and acceptable and less annoying than someone elses is really up there.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    But would you be annoyed if someone was up making noise until midnight while you tried to sleep? Because for me, going to bed early is wasting time.

It's just that we have different body-clocks really... and for me, when you go camping, you suck it up. If you want a quiet experience, you go somewhere with thicker walls, less people and less noisy wildlife.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    But would you be annoyed if someone was up making noise until midnight while you tried to sleep? Because for me, going to bed early is wasting time.

It's just that we have different body-clocks really... and for me, when you go camping, you suck it up. If you want a quiet experience, you go somewhere with thicker walls, less people and less noisy wildlife.
    I am a night owl myself. I don't like doing early mornings. what I mean is, if people are going to wake early (also goes for us night owls) then please be respectful of others that may not have the same body clock as you. Camp grounds, caravan park, hotel or whatever, people should be courteous of others. If early risers use the excuse of sun is up so you should be too, then the same could be said of to bed with the sun. if people are going to be noisy at daybreak then leave the vicinity of the campers for a couple hours.

ETA I would be annoyed if it were extremely rowdy for a prolonged period in an otherwise quiet location. But I understand that we aren't at home and there has to be give and take when in close proximity to others.

Sent from my GT-S6500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by DesperatelySeekingSleep; 25-09-2013 at 20:51.