+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We usually use that time to spend it playing cards or something in the tent as a family before the hustle and bustle of the day as our kids love making new friends at the campsite. Sometimes I stay at camp with our 2 x 3yos while df takes the older 2 fishing. So I don't see ours as wasted time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearCrystal View Post
    We usually use that time to spend it playing cards or something in the tent as a family before the hustle and bustle of the day as our kids love making new friends at the campsite. Sometimes I stay at camp with our 2 x 3yos while df takes the older 2 fishing. So I don't see ours as wasted time.
    Interesting how peoples views are different...

Mine would be wasted, as would DFs. We go camping to hike, study nature, fish, learn new things and improve on old ones. As soon as bub is born and old enough, she'll learn too. The earlier in a day you start, the better it is. We also go camping to appreciate things that you can't appreciate properly when you're surrounded by "city". Like early early mornings and how amazing they smell, how much energy you can pump into yourself just from being up early and breathing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Who cares about time when you're camping? wake up time is whenever nature or your neighbours rouse you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess that's lucky we don't live a city lifestyle to start with so our camping trips are to enjoy our time mostly as a family doing things (unless the 2 younger ones need a nap) we all enjoy through out the day from exploring new areas, fishing, going to the beach where the kids can get creative building, seeing new animals, flying kites going for walks etc.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    its not really relaxing or fun or an enjoyable time away if you have to force your children to sit and shut up so strangers you don't care about can sleep.

I guess if your going to only have a thin bit if fabric between you and other people expect there to be annoying noise.

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (25-09-2013),Elijahs Mum  (25-09-2013),haveheart  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm not a camper but I would think if you want quiet at a certain time or to sleep in go to a hotel, I would never have thought a camp ground would be a time for being quiet, as pp said at daybreak all bets are off - that's why they have block out blinds in hotel rooms

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You could get up at 5am if you needed to but it is rude and inconsiderate to be making loud noises so close to other peoples tents as soon as the sun is up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So when is it an okay time?? 7am?? 9am?? 11?? And are people expected to go around at the camp site asking when it would be okay for them to get up so as not to inconvenience someone?

My day starts early. Someone elses might start earlier than me. Id never think its rude or inconsiderate if I were in a public place for them to go about their day with their family, or even expect them to think twice about me and mine. Im sure you don't, even if you think you do by deciding 7am is an acceptable time to be awake because its acceptable to YOU, so must be to everyone else.

Dont get me wrong, id be annoyed but not at them. It would be just general grump. In fact, how do you know that their days dont usually start at 4 or 5 and they kept their kids as quiet as possible until such a time as they felt would be acceptable? Is it still rude and inconsiderate?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

haveheart  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am saying 7am is my families time you want earlier well good for you.
    Excuse me that I dont like loud rude kids yelling right next to my tent if you do good for you.
    If they are laughing and having fun well I am more than happy to hear that.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

ClearCrystal  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It doesn't matter what time is acceptable to wake up... the point is to be considerate of others and keep your noise down... like you would if you are living in a unit.....

We haven't been camping in quite a whilr but wjen we did we were always thoughtful of others around us. When we drove from darwin to brisbane and back we were starting our day at 4am sometimes a little later but we always kept our noise to a minimum no matyer what time it was cos we got that no matter what time we got up there would be people still asleep.

Yelling and loud noises early in the morning is never nice. Just give other people a thought and keep it to a minimum

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonkeySeeMonkeyDo For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (25-09-2013),ClearCrystal  (25-09-2013)