+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Would you or wouldn't you? (pool question)

Would you or wouldn't you leave a four year old to sit on her own next to the pool where her Mum and baby sister are having a half hour swimming lesson? (school holiday period only, not all the time)

I'm not so sure it is a safe idea... but Miss Four is very good at doing as requested... and I'd be looking over to her often... still seems dodgy... What would you do? (I am thinking of missing the lesson this week and next and waiting for kindy to start Term 4).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on the child. Two of my kids I would because I know they wouldnt move but the other one I would not be able to relax because shes very "spontaneous" and I wouldnt trust her.

Sent from my U8510 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree- depends on the child. DS- I would feel completely comfortable. 1. he listens and generally does as his told- especially when I've strictly told him. and 2. he knew how to swim without a floaty at that age. My nephew- no, I would not. He often doesn't listen and is not confident swimming without a floaty- even now at age 6. My neice- although she listens, she's not quite confident enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If u could keep an eye on her and she is usually quite good at directions. I would. But again- if you will be worried about something happening ie her falling in, maybe put floaties on her just in case and make a deal that if she sits patiently during the lesson you can all have a swim together after as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds is 4 & comes along with us to the baby's swimming lesson. I give him his ds and he sits in the corner with a drink and snack

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would rather be safe than sorry.

She *most likely* could and would be ok but Id be too stressed trying to watch her and do the lesson with bub in the pool.

I'd skip these next few lessons- for my kids lessons we pay $3 instead of the whole amount if we miss a session

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Can she swim? My 4 year old could so it was no worries. As pp said, depends on the child. Only you know your child.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I used to do this with DS but at the time he was good at following instructions. I packed him a snack that was lots of little things (so it took time) and was under strict instructions not to open it until we were in the pool. (Sultanas, little crackers, popcorn etc) He also had an incentive that if he was good he would get a treat after the swimming lesson. Maybe organise a sticker book? Sometimes I was lucky and he would talk to one of the other Mums which was always appreciated. I was prepared to have to leave the lesson if needed but it never came to that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any chance you could strap her into the pram with snacks, books and a drink? Then you know she'd be safe.