+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou girls for your replies! It means a lot to know there is a plce I can come and talk or even just feel not alone.

I start on 50 Gonal-F next cycle (today is day 14 so expecting to start on about April 4th).

OIC - thank you for your reassurance. And so sorry your first IUI wasnt successful. But how great that you are feeling positive!

Re success rate - I cant help wondering if we should jump straight into IVF for an approximate 40% chance, as 3 cycles of IUI would cost similar to one cycle of IVF and each have the same chance of a pregnancy. I guess I dont really understand the reason for doing IUI other than financial.

Sj89 - yay about the needles I will have to be cured from my needle phobia by the end of this!!! Although my biggest concern is getting bloods daily as Im not the easiest person to get blood from. Yay for your little follies So trigger shot tomorrow, when is y our IUI? Tuesday? Wednesday? Good luck!!!

As for my fur babies - I have two border collies Just took them out for a walk in the bush and so they are nice and quiet and resting right now. Im sure that won't last long!

SJ89 - what are you fur babies? My furry babies bring me so much joy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just took my last Gonal F this morning.
    Appointment went well. Had my ultra sound. Still two follies. One is 18mm and the other is 16mm. He said that's good. FX!! Trigger shot is at 730pm tonight. Insem is at 730am on Wednesday. Spermies will be delivered and washed at 7am. Omg so excited!

We are doing insem for financial reasons mostly. However, I may have found a cheap IVF place on the Sunshine Coast. We were quoted $11k for IVF with the people we are going through at the moment. The place on the coast says $1800. I'm going to message them. While I'm optimistic about this insem, I want to be prepared to maybe change to IVF with another clinic next month.

Ohhhh needles. It freaked me out big time. I was NOT going to stick the needle in. But had too. I got over it quickly. I hope you do too!!

If u feel IVF is the way for you. You should definitely do it! You can always change mid cycle from IUI to IVF.

I use to have a border collie. Absolutely amazing dogs. How lucky for you!! I have 2 Japanese Spitz. Lady and Bear. They are like a mini Samoyed. Super cute and crazy and I love them to bits!ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1395009346.985324.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1395009360.469246.jpg

Hopefully the pix work!!

TTC #1 since sept 2011
    Clomid x9 M/C Aug 2013
    IUI#1 - March 2014 ..
    FX for a miracle
    PCOS + Endo
    CIN3 cells x3 ops removed
    Me - 24 DH - 33

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning!
    I'm sitting in my FS clinic waiting for my BT. I'm usually earlier and get seen straight away but today is sooooooo busy, the list of names before me is huge, just when I've got bad AF pains and would rather be curled up in bed.....urgh.

Oh well, blood test , and then get my new vial of FSH and prob get told to start injecting it tomorrow. Then I might treat myself to breaky and full strength coffee in the cafe!

Woo hoo SJ, I just got so excited thinking about you having twins! Kee hee hee! It all seems to happen so fast once you get to this stage"......and then the longest two weeks ever!

Ok, more later!

P.S. Love the puppy pics! Our f.buby is a cross.....beagle and shar pei! Very unique look, so cute! Super nosey like a beagle, sentinel like a shar pei and wants to rule all other dogs! They call the cross a Sharpeagle but we like to say B-pei!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go with the FS? Are you starting again tomorrow? Are you excited? How was your breaky and strong coffee?

I would be pumped with twins the more I think about it.

We did get some sad news this morning tho. DHs sister who was 11 weeks 4 days pregnant miscarried today. Super sad. Can't even start to imagine how it would feel to miscarry so far along! It's really not fair. You would think it's our god given right to have a baby but it's taken away from so many. To make it work her hubby is away on exercise with the army for the next 4 weeks. Definitely sending her lots of positive energy.

TTC #1 since sept 2011
    Clomid x9 M/C Aug 2013
    IUI#1 - March 2014 ..
    FX for a miracle
    PCOS + Endo
    Me - 24 DH - 33

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did my trigger tonight. There is so much stuff to inject!!

TTC #1 since sept 2011
    Clomid x9 M/C Aug 2013
    IUI#1 - March 2014 ..
    FX for a miracle
    PCOS + Endo
    Me - 24 DH - 33

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ89 View Post
    How did you go with the FS? Are you starting again tomorrow? Are you excited? How was your breaky and strong coffee?

I would be pumped with twins the more I think about it.

We did get some sad news this morning tho. DHs sister who was 11 weeks 4 days pregnant miscarried today. Super sad. Can't even start to imagine how it would feel to miscarry so far along! It's really not fair. You would think it's our god given right to have a baby but it's taken away from so many. To make it work her hubby is away on exercise with the army for the next 4 weeks. Definitely sending her lots of positive energy.

TTC #1 since sept 2011
    Clomid x9 M/C Aug 2013
    IUI#1 - March 2014 ..
    FX for a miracle
    PCOS + Endo
    Me - 24 DH - 33
    So sorry to hear about your SIL. Heartbreaking. I hope she is ok.

Yeah, the trigger injection seems like so much more fluid than the daily jabs! Yeahyyyy! Wednesday morning! Don't forget to have something in your bladder! Fx for you! Wouldn't it just be so great if it just worked!!!!! Positive vibes!

Oh gosh my breakfast and strong coffee was awesome! Was so hungry! Yep, starting the daily FSH again tomorrow and then the next blood test is Monday to see where i'm up to. I can't figure out if they'll do the procedure next Thur/Fri (that's what it was last month) or on the Monday.

Are you getting LP support after the procedure? I had progesterone pessaries twice daily until the blood test on Friday, then once that left my system AF arrived. I can have the option of hCG injections every 3 days post procedure, and might think about that for next time. Just a tip ( not sure if I've mentioned it before) but if you do use the pessaries, invest in some panty-liners!! And wear your AF undies!

The nurse suggested i could do the FSH injections at night as for the first 5 days i was feeling a bit sick after injecting, so then i can just go to bed, might try that.

Chatted with a friend today who suggested that while we're reassessing after this cycle (if it's a bust) to consider going to IVF rather than 2 more IUI cycles. She did 2 IUI, then had 2 embies put in for first IVF and thats the friend i was telling you about with twins! It makes you think that if there is a problem (probably an unknown problem for me as we are unexplained subfertility) and that washing them and putting them where they need to go doesnt work then maybe there is an unknown problem with them getting through the egg wall, or the implantation stage and in that case, IVF makes sense. Oh the indecision!!

Anyway, i'm still really positive about this cycle. My theory is maybe one ovary is better that the other and maybe this month is the good ovary's turn! Ha ha.

SJ re the faint line on the HPT, i think the chemical was there, whether something was trying really hard to happen but just didn't. I wasn't on the luteal phase support then, and that was the only area that i wasn't 100% on, but it wasn't bad. So I guess that's why i was so convinced last week that it was a true neg.

Furbabymum, you definitely get used to the needles and being a pin cushion! I used to be bad with having blood taken (i would have it every couple of months or so) sometimes quite bad vaso response, have never actually fainted, but i can feel it coming on etc. Now it's just like sitting around chatting to the phleb. Esp if they are really good and i can hardly feel it. This morning i hadn't even had a sip of water, and had to wait so long and she said they were a little collapsed! Oops.

Hope you had a good weekend at the Sunny Coast!

Right, just enjoying a cleansing wine for the last time for about a month!

Hope you're feeling ok after the trigger SJ!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It’s completely heartbreaking. I hope she is ok today. MIL and FIL both came down from the Sunny Coast to be with her last night and today.

I feel/felt completely wiped out this morning. Prob about 30 mins after the jab I was yawning and could barely keep my eyes open. It was either the needle or I was just tired from an awful sleep the night before. Either way, this morning was a struggle to get out of bed.

I thought the injection would never end haha it just kept coming!!

He didn’t mention the bladder thing. Why is that? Is it easier? It would be amazing if it worked. Thanks so much.

Have you sworn off caffeine while you are TTC? Did you do your first jab this morning? It will work for both of us and then we will only be weeks apart in our pregnancy…. POSITIVE VIBES!!! I really hope it works...oh my gosh!

I asked the FS about support to hold in a bub if I am that lucky and he said I didn’t need it. We will see!! I think if this doesn’t work, we will go with another FS. A cheaper one and maybe one who is a little more forthcoming with info.

I haven’t had any blood tests yet. Or will the follow once insem? I only have only had ultrasounds every few days so far.

DH leaves home at 5 or earlier each morning, so I had him bring the injection up to me and I would inject while I was in bed and then lay down and relax for 30mins until I got up. Could u do the same? Or you don’t mind doing them in the evening? Does that mean you will have a trigger shot really early in the morning then?

I’m with your friend. The more we have researched, the more we have realised we are being ripped off big time. We will definitely switch to IVF next month if IUI doesn’t work. I have emailed through a request for a consult with a clinic who is closer to home and much cheaper. Hopefully they come through with the goods and we can meet up with them before DH goes o/s for a couple of weeks from Sunday. I was hoping if I spoke with them half way through this cycle that if it doesn’t work I wouldn’t have to wait another month before starting IVF. We will see.

Have you thought about the switch more? Do you think you will do it?

OIC is right, Furbabymum…be prepared to be a pin cushion. I guess though, you will be prepared for all the needles and test you will get when you are pregnant. It’s just the world preparing us to be mums.

Wine sounds soooo good HAHA I hope it was amazing.

I hope you go well with your injections!! Keep us posted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    re the bladder, apparently the uterus (maybe) can sit a bit upright, but when the bladder is full-ish it pushes it flat, so while you're lying there and they're inserting the catheter it is more in line.....nurse explained to it me yesterday and it made sense when she said it!

I decided to start injections tonight. I'm trying to get to gym classes in the morning and any little excuse is enough to stop me going! At night i can just lie down! (And DH can pack the dishwasher!) Also, with the pessaries i had been having morning and night, you have to lie down for 20 mins after and I'm just a bit sick of starting my day like that....so i'll try night times this time and see.
    It wont change the timing of the trigger, they base that on when they will do the procedure, i think you do the trigger around 36 hrs before.

I do like my coffee so while I'm TTC i cut it right back! While I'm out i have decaf or ask for weak. At home i have decaf nespresso pods or half a teaspoon of moccona. If i wasn't keeping track i would def be having too much caffeine.

RE blood tests, my FS tracks the hormones, so yesterdays showed the drop in Progesterone (AF) and then next Monday will show the hormones associated with O starting to rise, then they book me in for the ultrasound to measure the follies, and makes sure <3. I guess yours does it differently, following the follicle growth by scan. I originaly did a tracking cycle where they track the hormones every 3 days or so t make sure there was no issue hormonally, and the only slight abnormality was the progesterone dropping off quickly, which is prob why I have to have the pessaries after the procedure. I could chose to have injected hCG instead.

Wine was good thanks, but then i got so tired too!

Well, hopefully your procedure tomorrow will work and you wont need to think about IVF!!! We will reassess after this cycle. We have decided to take the next month off assisted fertility, enjoy Easter, catch up with family (with no jabs and BTs and pessaries!.....but hopefully....still the pessaries to support the growing bub!!!!!!)

Fx for tomorrow SJ!! Will be thinking of you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OIC,
    I took your advice and did the bladder thing. FS didnt say anything about it, so all must have been good on that front.

This morning was stressful. Totally not what I had imagined. QFG were completely unorganised and i wasnt impressed to say the least. I am certain that if we need to do another cycle we will go through another clinic. That also means we will probably take a break next month though.

So just a bit of random cramping today. Not constant, just on and off. I didnt think it was that plesant having all the spermies injected. DH had an amazing count on his good this morning. The FS was impressed. It made me feel a little more confident. Anyway...it was a feeling I cant describe other than saying it was like a cramp...but it wasnt. Do you think the same?

I did a bit of retail therapy after treatment. After that i had acupuncture and then a massage. I really needed it too!!! Feeling so much better for it. Im glad i took today for myself.

How was your first injection for this cycle last night? Just as good as last tme :P Did you manage to get to gym this morning?

Thankfully I am a tea drinker. Doest seem to have the same addication as coffee? Sounds like you are all over that though!

Maybe they did your bloods like that at the beginning just to get a feel for what your body does...or will they be doing that all again this cycle? Are you only taking the pessaries once you have been inseminated? Will u do that again this cycle or do the HCG?

Sounds like we both might end up taking a break at the same time...
    FOR NOW, i will keep everything humanly possible crossed for both of us this month. Let the TWW begin! TWW for my test and TWW for your insem!! Its all happening I cant wait to hear how many follies you have!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ89 View Post
    Hi OIC,
    I took your advice and did the bladder thing. FS didnt say anything about it, so all must have been good on that front.

This morning was stressful. Totally not what I had imagined. QFG were completely unorganised and i wasnt impressed to say the least. I am certain that if we need to do another cycle we will go through another clinic. That also means we will probably take a break next month though.

So just a bit of random cramping today. Not constant, just on and off. I didnt think it was that plesant having all the spermies injected. DH had an amazing count on his good this morning. The FS was impressed. It made me feel a little more confident. Anyway...it was a feeling I cant describe other than saying it was like a cramp...but it wasnt. Do you think the same?

I did a bit of retail therapy after treatment. After that i had acupuncture and then a massage. I really needed it too!!! Feeling so much better for it. Im glad i took today for myself.

How was your first injection for this cycle last night? Just as good as last tme :P Did you manage to get to gym this morning?

Thankfully I am a tea drinker. Doest seem to have the same addication as coffee? Sounds like you are all over that though!

Maybe they did your bloods like that at the beginning just to get a feel for what your body does...or will they be doing that all again this cycle? Are you only taking the pessaries once you have been inseminated? Will u do that again this cycle or do the HCG?

Sounds like we both might end up taking a break at the same time...
    FOR NOW, i will keep everything humanly possible crossed for both of us this month. Let the TWW begin! TWW for my test and TWW for your insem!! Its all happening I cant wait to hear how many follies you have!

SJ! Woo hoo! 1dp........procedure! (I find it hard to say insemination.......that's why I keep just calling it the procedure!) . Great that there was a good number. Yes, it certainly wasn't pleasant, but not too bad. Yeah, just like almost an AF cramp, but different. Glad you got to have a pamper day afterwards! Good for you!
    Sorry to hear about your clinic. Apart from Monday mine is great, very organised and on time, and friendly! Yeah, find somewhere you're happy with! You will be spending a lot of time there!

I am just totally tired and exhausted, for no reason other then the FSH! Struggle to get out of bed! Anyway, first injection made me feel sick again. So I'm glad I decided on night time. Last night was better. Now I'm sore from the gym! Can't win!
    Yeah, pessaries are only after the procedure. Will do them again this time, and think about switching to HCG next time.

Have just booked Easter holiday, so will definitely take that cycle off TTC/ART and just relax, enjoy my family, play with my nieces! I figure I will know by the week leading up to Easter, so can be unhappy for a few days if it's BFN, or do extra tests etc if it's BFP. Only that if it is P I'd have to tell my fam as we are all staying in same holiday unit. But that's ok, I'd tell them if it didn't stick anyway, cause I'd need the support.

Right, better try to get through this day!
    Fx for your BFP.....do you feel a bit protective of that area.....as in.....there is a little miracle trying to happen in there....be gentle!..? That's what I was like. Didn't want to over exert myself at the gym....or do the spin bikes! Ha ha ha? All in my head, but funny.

Fx....Tx......Ex!!!