+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Excited for you SJ! Good luck!

Yes it is weird lying back and having them inserted! Kee hee hee!

But I said the same thing to my FS when we decided to do IUI, that I was a bit over DTD so often and for sooooooo long. It's actually a relief to have the whole thing taken out of my hands.....even having the blood tests and being told what to do and when rather than trying to decipher OPKs each month etc.

I started with Puregon injections and felt sick for the first few days, but that might be my strong vaso response to needles. But by the end I was much more comfortable with it.

Remember to have a full-ish bladder for the procedure......makes it easier to get the catheter to the right place. I think mine was not full enough and it took her a while and quite a bit of uncomfortable pain.

Now it's just progesterone support via pessaries.....nice.
    And trying hard not to symptom spot........I'm only 5dpo so blood test is next Friday.....argh. Have had a few minor cramps which I hope are the good ones, and certainly not something I've felt, or noticed, before.

Hope it goes well for you! When I started my biggest concern was having more than 2 follies ready as they would have cancelled it. But only had one greater than 1 cm.

Fx

Thanks
    Reviews
    AF just arrived. I have booked in for IUI and have my first app on Monday. FS rang me direct which was nice. He said he didn't want to stimulate the cycle too early because he thinks I will generate to many follies!!
    A bit bummed AF arrived but excited. I'm sure the anxiousness will set in closer to the time.
    He said insem will happen around the 17th approx. DH calls it the turkey baster lol!!

Did you partner come with you for your first ultrasound before it all started?

No more clomid for me either. Apparently I will get injections. Did u do injections? FSH I think he said.

So many things it's hard to keep up.

How exciting! 2WW will be killer as per usual. What will your blood tests tell you?

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, at least AF means you can get started! So exciting!

Yeah, I started daily FSH injections from CD3 (had a blood test for hormone levels on Day 1 to make sure the progesterone had dropped), then a blood test on CD8, from that they decided to do the scan and another blood on CD12. My husband did come with me for that scan, but didn't need to be there. It was a good result tho as there was only the one follicle >1cm.
    I did the FSH injections until CD13, then had a trigger injection to mature the follicles on the evening of CD13.Had the IUI on morning of CD15.

Hope that helps you figure out what's going to happen! But you may have a different protocol.......

Blood test next Friday will be for hCG.....hopefully a BFP! I need to stay away from POAS until then! Every night i feel so excited that another day has gone by and i am one day closer to testing!~

Well, good luck with the turkey basting! I hope you go ok with the FSH injections, and Fx for 1-2 follies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go with the injections? Did hubby do them? That probably the bit that worries me most hahaha I can jab myself!
    I really hope you get a BFP! I will keep everything crossed for you. I don't have any pregnancy tests in the house. Stops me from testing haha we almost become HPT junkies!!

That's really helpful. FS wanting to scan on CD 5 seems late but I'll guess I will go withy flow

Who did you guys go with for all your IUI?

Friday isn't too long away! Are you looking out for symptoms or trying to avoid that? I think I exhibit all pregnancy symptoms when I'm due for AF! Vey frustrating.

Good luck for a BFP!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I did them myself.......but only because I had to! I went to visit Mum for her Bday, so had to start it all by myself! It was a bit daunting. The first one was fine, thank goodness. I really didn't know how I was going to do it, and worked myself up a bit! And afterwards wondered what I was fussing about! I made sure I had nothing to and no where to be afterwards And gave myself time to sit on the lounge and "recover" which I think helped. The third day I had a couple of false starts which bled and bruised. But I think I tried to go too low on my belly and I could feel it more. It was much better in my fat roll just below my belly button where there are many nerves and didn't even feel it. Urgh, makes me feel queasy just thinking about it! Once I almost froze seeing the needle sticking right in, but by the end I was fine with it and didn't even need down time, just inject and go! Kee hee hee. You'll be fine, but try to give yourself time to recover until you get used to it!
    my husband was there for the trigger injection, I got all nervous again because it's a bigger volume, but it was fine too.

thanks! I don't have any HPTs in the house either.....trying not to buy any. Tomorrow is only a week until the blood test! Woo hoo!
    absolutely looking for symptoms, not much ATM but I guess it is early. I've had some pains which I'm hoping are good ones, cause I've never felt it before, only when lying down tho, but I think it's too early for implantation pain....so not sure. I'm very tired and have been sleeping a lot but who knows if that's related.

yeah, I'm sure your FS has their reasons! Good luck for your appointment! Exciting times!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha that's a little bit scary. I guess I'll see how I go. Only 2 more sleeps until I find out!

I hope they are good pains too. Seems weird u would keep getting pains if nothing was happening, so I'm keeping everything crossed for you. I really hope first round works...for both of us!!
    I can't wait to hear how you go with the blood test. I reckon this week wait will be easier than the 24 hours that follow getting tour blood test and waiting for that result haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks SJ! Good luck for tomorrow!
    Pains have stopped so I guess that's a good sign....but no other symptoms really. Except for being tired and mixing up my words! I guess today is only 9dpo so maybe a bit early. I'm trying to stay positive, but starting to wonder......oh but my temp is still a little high for me, not that I track it now, but after reading about other people TWW I started to take mine again. Ooh, and crazy dreams!

Fx for us both. This is the longest week! Thankfully, I should get my blood results the same day, they usually call me in the afternoon...argh......still five sleeps.........

Don't be worried about the needles....you'll be fine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't you just wish that you could find out straight away!! One day it will probably be possible. Same day results is good. I've never had mine same day. Maybe that was because it was through a GP though?
    FS review blood work this morning with me. Save DH and I had great results and that my ovarian reserve is high. Phew!
    Had my first injection. Stung for a bit. Now I've got slight cramps. Didn't expect cramps today. He did ultrasound and said I had a couple of good sized follies already but still need to grow them. He is checking on Friday to make sure I don't have too many. He said if I have more than 3 he will cancel the cycle of change it to an IVF cycle. Depends what we chose.
    Anyway, that's my update for now
    Friday will be here in no time for both of us 😃😃😃😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeay, that's a great result! Fx for Friday. That was one of my biggest concerns, we weren't allowed to go ahead if more than 2! And I can get two normally, but just lucky this month was just one. Even if you've got a couple on the scan they might not both mature, so you should be ok!
    What sort of cramps? Was it after the injection? What dose of FSH if you don't mind me asking? Maybe mine didn't sting because of my fat roll!

I'm not holding out much hope for Friday, no real symptoms, but we will see. Fx anyway!

Yeah, I get my bloods done through the clinic, go in at 7 am and find out that arv. Might need to POAS before then tho!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was surprised he would let me have three. I'm happy with that tho. More of a chance I guess. Tho would be scary if they were all ok!! Holly cow lol
    Just 50. Is that the smallest amount? How about you?
    I'm still getting cramps.
    Fx for Friday and try resist the POAS haha easier said than done!