+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bub won't take bottle off anyone else!!

My baby girl is almost 5 months and she has been going through a stage for some time now where she won't take the bottle off anyone but me!!

She's having her first full day away from me today with my mum and she won't feed. She just screams every time the bottle is put in her mouth.

I always try to get other people to feed her, including her dad and she just refuses. Sometimes she will take it, but very rare!

Anyone else been through this stage? Any ideas on how to stop this? It's driving me nuts. I have weddings coming up over the next few months, how am I meant to leave her?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, theist few data she only ever wants half a bottle. She also goes through this stage regularly but still put weight on.

Maybe I should consider starting solids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tried the cup it didn't work. My mum just called and she finally took the bottle after an hour of crying, only because she feel asleep and drunk it lol.

I have a feeling she may be teething as she has been having looser poos lately and she screams when the bottle goes in, so I wonder if she is teething?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A couple of my babies have been like that, It is just that they like that bonding time with you, the way you hold them, look at them etc. Yes she may also be teething.
    But glad she finally took it, was going to say she will get hungry enough eventually, glad your mum perservered.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseBetweenTheThorns For This Useful Post:

May baby  (23-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dd wouldn't drink from anyone else either. She would sip about 20-50 mls but that was it.
    I just rode it out I guess. .. And finally she got used to it. But I wasn't away from her much anyway.
    Sorry. . that's not helpful!! But I do understand the stress and frustration.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    My dd wouldn't drink from anyone else either. She would sip about 20-50 mls but that was it.
    I just rode it out I guess. .. And finally she got used to it. But I wasn't away from her much anyway.
    Sorry. . that's not helpful!! But I do understand the stress and frustration.

Thanks. I hope she gets over it soon because I'm back at work in January and she's going to daycare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by May baby View Post
    Thanks. I hope she gets over it soon because I'm back at work in January and she's going to daycare.
    Well my dd did. She has spent a bit of time in hospital and wouldn't take a bottle from nurses. She was around 6 months. She wouldn't even take much from DH. Following that she wouldn't feed much from anyone else. She started with an in home carer recently and will feed from her and DH now. It's almost like a trust issue. Don't let anyone force the bottle. She will get there. My dd is 10 months now. .. she probably started being more comfortable with it around 8 months old. Good luck!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

May baby  (23-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Well my dd did. She has spent a bit of time in hospital and wouldn't take a bottle from nurses. She was around 6 months. She wouldn't even take much from DH. Following that she wouldn't feed much from anyone else. She started with an in home carer recently and will feed from her and DH now. It's almost like a trust issue. Don't let anyone force the bottle. She will get there. My dd is 10 months now. .. she probably started being more comfortable with it around 8 months old. Good luck!!

I hope your daughter is well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by May baby View Post
    I hope your daughter is well
    Ahh Thanks. She's doing awesome. She was born with a heart defect.

I hope your bubba takes a bottle from someone else soon without too much fussing!! It will happen!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

May baby  (24-09-2013)