+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia from Chemicals

My partner has recently been advised that he has a zero sperm count. He has been working with Chemicals for about 10 years and we suspect this may be the cause? Has anyone experienced this and know if it is reversible over time now he is away from the chemicals?
    Thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Shelson,

I've done a lot of reading on azoospermia since hubby was diagnosed earlier this year but haven't come across any specific references back to chemicals that I can think of. Maybe I just haven't been focussed on it though?

Hope you can find the information you are looking for. Sorry I am not much help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What chemicals has he been exposed to?? You could try seeing a naturopath and ask for a hair mineral analysis. Im not sure I believe in it all but im willing to try anything we can to avoid ivf! My dh has low morphology and the naturopath mentioned chemicals as a possible cause. She sent him for a hair mineral analysis which is supposed to tell u exactly what chemicals are in his system and if there is too much of one etc. I.e. lead. Worth a try I guess. We dont have the results of ours yet but just thought u could speak to a naturopath who specializes in fertility. Ours said if they find high levels its apparently reversible but takes 3 months. We will soon see I'm hoping my dh hair analysis resulrs r normal tho! How old is ur dh?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks that really helps and like you I will give anything a try. He is 32 and was exposed to strong solvents for over 10 years...so I guess it stands to reason. How did you go? Any luck with the results?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We havent got the results yet. Not until next week. What are solvents? Sorry im not sure what they are! Was he exposed to them at work?

Zero sperm count is different to what my dh has tho. I think I have read that no sperm can be genetic or caused by sone sort of blockage in the testes. I really dont know a lot about it tho. Def speak to ur fs about it

Sorry im not much help!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia

Hi everyone. I hope someone can offer advice.
    I'm 28 and I live in Perth. My wife an I have been trying to conceive. I have been diagnosed with azoospermia after 2 negative semen analysis. I had a testicular biopsy which showed no sperm. I had 2 brain tumours as a child and had to have chemotherapy, radiation and surgery. Has anyone else had similar history and successfully fathered a child?
    Thanks so much.
    Johnathan