+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Please Help choosing FS at Genea IVF Sydney (new to ivf)

Hi there we are hoping to hear from people who could share their experiences (good and bad) of Genea sydney IVF and the FS they chose. (Please pm us)long time reader.. first time posting..After many heart breaking conflicting years we have finally made the decision at make an attempt at IVF. We have decided to go with genea since we need PGD. but we have no idea which doctor or place to choose? [Confused]we have been recommended a few docs by genea but none of them stand out (and we have had such a horrific experience with a doc already that we are really worried that could happen again [Frown] ). Do you think there is a clinic that is particularity good? any to avoid? (we have to travel anyway because there is no ivf near us so i don't think location shouldn't really matter?). Do you think there is any good doctors? do we need someone is a specific area since we need pgd or can we choose any?sorry about all the questions but we are very new to this!Thank you to those who have shared your stories on the forum, you have made us feel like its ok and that maybe we can be brave too! good luck to everyone at what ever stage you are at!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Charlie,

Welcome to Bubhub . You won't be able to use the PM system until you've achieved the minimum number of posts (I think 5?).

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with a previous FS. I did PGD with Genea and they were wonderful. Definitely could not have been in better hands. My FS was Geoff Reid. Other Genea FS' that have been given good feedback on this forum are Mark Bowman, Devora Lieberman and Derek Lok.

You don't need to see a specific FS to go through PGD. Your FS will handle the IVF protocol and once the embryos are created its the lab who handle the PGD side.

I wish you well in coming to a decision on who to choose, and hope your IVF journey is short & sweet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Charlie, we have also been through PGD with Genea and our FS is Dr Derek Lok. I can't speak highly enough of them! We first went to Dr Lok to try a vasectomy reversal for DH (which turns out wasn't possible), and we kept on seeing him through our following IVF treatments. He is very thorough and an absolute delight to deal with, has a great bedside manner and is very patient. We only found out we needed PGD about a week out from our first EPU and they managed to get us into appointments with scientists, counsellors, nurses etc within a matter of days. Our first cycle in 2009 we did PGD for CF, our second cycle this year we did CF testing and also chromosome testing. I also can't speak highly enough of the scientists behind the scenes, we have had many conversations with them and they really take the time to explain things to you, listen to your concerns and really made us feel at ease with the whole thing. I am currently pregnant with our 2nd IVF treasure and have Genea to thank for that! They are definitely one of the more expensive clinics in Sydney, however we believe it was worth every cent!

Good luck in your decision

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi we used dr Dezaurnaulds her office is at glebe. We live at sth west Sydney so travel wise took about 30-40 min each visit but was worth it. My doctor of 20 years recommended her and I trust him with my life so we went there. She was great I had no complaints. She is straight to the point but compassionate. We had to go to the Kent st office for the actual IcSI cycle though so we would get train there as much as possible as parking is very expensive. You go there to pick up medication and for the egg pick up and transfer and blood tests and ultrasounds. I really have no complaints whatsoever. Even at EPU and transfer I was so scared but woke up to the most nicest nurse. We were lucky first go and got pregnant and now expecting our first bub girl due in two weeks. They are more expensive than somenother places but we were so happy with them and very professional. I've heard horror stories at some other places. I would definitely go back again if we need help with having another baby.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

gilliebean1  (02-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Charlie,

Can't recommend Dr Devora Lieberman highly enough. I live in Melbourne and after being unhappy with my treatment through Melbourne IVF I went to Genea. We're now moving on to trying donor eggs overseas and Devora is supporting us in this process.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were with Dr Hillary Joyce at Genea and loved her. Dr Geoffrey Reid did my EPU and he was also very good (he's Hillary's hubby).
    Our whole experience with Genea was overwhelmingly positive. Yes they are a bit more expensive than other clinics but for us they were worth every penny.
    We have a beautiful DD from our first (and only) stim cycle.
    All the very best for your journey xx

Me 39 DF 35
    DD ICSI April 2011
    Baby no 2 due Nov 13 - natural!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was so scared and nervous before starting with them but once started felt right at ease and loved I could call almost anytime and on weekends to ask questions and loved they would call fairly often to see how things are or update me. I found it very worth every cent and will go again to use our other frozen one if we don't fall naturally next year. Bub 1 is due in 13 days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another vote for Devora Leiberman, love her! I've been to 3 clinics in Sydney and my best experience was definitely at Genea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    We attend Genea Sydney (Liverpool) and can not recommend the team and Dr Lok. We started at IVF Australia and after 2 consults we changed to Genea.
    Pour first cycle we got 19 eggs and 2/5day frosties. We had a fresh transfer at day 5 and NW have a 17m old daughter.

The team there along with Dr Lok are amazing. They remember who you are, your story and also your anxieties. They help me along my tww with such ease and compassion. Are always at the other end of the phone. Yes, they might be a bit more expensive, but for the care you receive it's well worth every cent.

Just yesterday we had a frozen transfer of our 2nd frosty. We are now in the tww.

Good luck and I hope you find "the one" that's right for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go OP? Another vote here for Derek Lok from Genea. He is such a caring Dr & we have him to thank for our beautiful little boy. He is a quietly spoken man, but full of wisdom & good humour. Good luck.