+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    Reminds me of a holiday house I stayed in with my girlfriends a couple of years ago. Folk art and porcelain dolls EVERYWHERE. A real creep-fest!
    Yikes!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Only if it is really nice. I stayed in the most awesome Castle in the Scottish highlands, it was beautiful. Spent our days rowing on the Loch, or exploring the woods, and our nights with 6 course meals, drinking wine and having spa baths, and then retiring to the four poster bed. Heck yeah - I felt right at home

Just normal every day hotels, that have no character, nope- don't like those at all, can never sleep properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've stayed at crown towers before, was a nice experience and hella comfy bed but I'd much prefer a little secluded holiday cabin in the sticks
    I've stayed in a few different motels and some were ok but most of them I get a very crap nights sleep. Dp asked if I wanted to go away again for my upcoming birthday but for once I've decided I'd just like to enjoy a night off at home (kids staying at grandparents)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't done it on my own for a long time but I'm such a woss, I get nervous and never sleep well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It depends.... I have done alot of work travel so now picky if its for buisness purposes - trips are much easier with particular features. Especially when working long days. Things like a desk, room service, good hair dryer etc needed!

For personal trips I love hotels! The breakfast, minibar, pools I am a sucker for a resort with the 4 star + experience. But love bnb and cottages. Instant relaxation
    Last edited by dancingbutterfly; 23-09-2013 at 21:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I prefer a self contained apartment or holiday house. But I love going away. Wish we could get away more often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm already looking forward to the 4 star hotel that I splurged on to spend the night in after a 26 hour flight!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I LOVEEEE staying in hotels. Of course as long as they are clean and neat. I don't go as low as 3 star though. I always check reviews on TripAdvisor and photos. I think I've been spoilt by overseas hotels though. They are so luxurious even at 3 star. I love not having to clean/cook...room service...everything!!! The annoyinh bit is living out of a suitcase but I happily put up with that if it's for the sake of a holiday. I can sleep anywhere and hotel beds are always more comfortable than mine!!! I've had better experiences overseas than here in Australia. I know it sounds silly buy growing up we never went on family holidays so doing this now with my husband is so enjoyable and I feel special and spoilt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love staying in really nice hotels for one thing.... The breakfast!!! I love love love hotel buffet breakfasts at really nice hotels like Sofitel!!!

That's my criteria for booking a hotel - whats the breakfast like

Thanks
    Reviews
    I travel quite a bit for work, so it can get tedious at times. But that's probably more so the actual travel, because I do love not having any cleaning, cooking etc to do for a few nights!

Also the massive bed that always has a pillow menu, beautiful sheets, room service etc I do enjoy. But I'm fortunate to be always put up in very nice hotels - I'd never stay in less than 4 stars now, hotel snob.