+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Rash

Sorry I'm putting this here as I think it gets the most traffic.

DS 2.5 has got a rash all over his body, it started almost 2 weeks ago with a fairly itchy rash on his butt cheeks which I only saw in the evening when we bathed him. He'd scratched so much that the rash got quite red and a bit Inflamed. Small little dots that looked bigger as they were Inflamed.

Anyway it was after his bedtime when I went to the chemist and explained it to the guy who said I should try hydrozole cream, which I did. The next morning it looked much better as he hadn't been scratching it through the night.

I put hydrozole on it every other day for about a week and it didn't seem to be bothering him much, but noticed the rash had moved to his legs and body but it was so light and he wasn't scratching it.

I thought it may be heat rash but then it also hasn't been THAT hot.

I also took him to the doctor on Thursday last week and she said it didn't look like measles or chicken pox and I told her he did have a high temp one night about 4 days before the rash appeared. She said to use the hydrozole 3 times a day on his butt cheeks for a week and come
    Back if it didn't go away.

Well today it's all over his body. He's fine, no fever, not unhappy etc not scratching but I can't figure out what's causing the rash! I'm pregnant and a bit freaked out about what it could be... The dots ate tiny and red but also quite light so u have to look close, some spots are a bit more noticeable than other.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by SAgirl; 22-09-2013 at 10:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps we just moved into a new house around the same time as the rash appeared, I know they had a cat which definitely had fleas as I've been bitten numerous times and also seen a few.

I have vacuumed almost every day but could this be the cause of his rash?

Or possibly something else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds like a possible allergy- have you changed washing liquid/powder recently? It could even be something you're cleaning with. DD once got a rash from me using that powder you sprinkle on carpet before vacuuming to make it smell nice. You could try an OTC thing like children's claratyne?

Otherwise, a high fever followed by a rash could be roseola but I would think that would have cleared by now?

But then, hydrazole is an anti-fungal cream- so if that's helping, it's fungal. If its not, or only helping a little tiny bit, then it's probably doing nothing more than kind of moisturising. If this is the case, I'd try the claratyne and buy some derm-aid (over the counter cortisone) and mix a little bit with a bit of sorbolene and see if that helps when applied to the rash.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I asked the pharmacist for an anti histamine but then he suggested the hydrozole. So I haven't tried anything like that yet.

The hydrozole doesn't seem to be doing much. I also haven't changed any cleaners etc, I normally just use that jiff cream cleanser stuff and that's all bee fine. I haven't put anything on the carpets either unless the previous owners had used something I'm not sure.

We managed to get a doctors appointment, actually waiting now so hope he can give more answers as I what this is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    I asked the pharmacist for an anti histamine but then he suggested the hydrozole. So I haven't tried anything like that yet.

The hydrozole doesn't seem to be doing much. I also haven't changed any cleaners etc, I normally just use that jiff cream cleanser stuff and that's all bee fine. I haven't put anything on the carpets either unless the previous owners had used something I'm not sure.

We managed to get a doctors appointment, actually waiting now so hope he can give more answers as I what this is
    Yes, the old owners may have used something, good luck at the dr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks doc has given me a script as he said its most likely an allergy to something at home. We r hopefully getting our carpets cleaned this week as I found another flea today!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (22-09-2013)