+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bali wedding

I'm after people's experiences with Bali weddings either as the bride and groom or as a guest. Where did you get married? Was it good? Any advice? or suggestions of where to go?

Df and I are planning on getting married in Bali in 2015. It won't be very big maybe 30 guests max. Most of the guests will bring their children and we will have our 3 under 4. So it will need to be a child friendly wedding/ resort

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been a guest a few times, it's been hit and miss. My big tip would be to get married as soon as possible after you arrive at the island so that if anyone does get sick then it won't affect the ceremony. Also choose the time of ceremony carefully - early morning is gorgeous, cool and your makeup wont melt, and a lunchtime reception would work out way cheaper. Consider carefully your dress, hair and makeup, I personally think the whole tropical beach idea then the bride is in full western dress of boning, lace and frills defeats the purpose, but that's just me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister got married last year at the Bali Mandira resort. It was amazing, the day was made so easy by the resort staff & she had a great wedding planner too. She had about 25 people in total, the food was great and they had amazing wedding photos on the beach. If my DH didnt have such a big family i would have loved to get married there too. My DD was the flower girl and all the resort staff just adored her and she was always well looked after ( given flowers etc) but there are so many beautiful venues in Bali, good luck with your planning and congratulations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I am getting married there at Christmas. I found an amazing person that is organising it all for me at minimal cost. I don't know what I would have done without her. Let me know if you want her details

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MeeG View Post
    My sister got married last year at the Bali Mandira resort. It was amazing, the day was made so easy by the resort staff & she had a great wedding planner too. She had about 25 people in total, the food was great and they had amazing wedding photos on the beach. If my DH didnt have such a big family i would have loved to get married there too. My DD was the flower girl and all the resort staff just adored her and she was always well looked after ( given flowers etc) but there are so many beautiful venues in Bali, good luck with your planning and congratulations.
    I've heard great things about this place and we are looking into having it there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    I am getting married there at Christmas. I found an amazing person that is organising it all for me at minimal cost. I don't know what I would have done without her. Let me know if you want her details
    Oh so does that mean your going through a wedding planner? Will your wedding still be through a resort?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I am using a wedding planner as the resort I asked to quote was way way way expensive. She is arranging hair and makeup at the resort car to take us to the beach, photos for two hours the ceremony all the legal stuff the dinner... Everything and she is fantastic, fast and over half the price!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got married in Bali, was the most amazing day and highly recommend it (even though he is now an exDH total a**hole!!).

Be careful with how many people you invite, if you genuinely want a small wedding. I thought I'd get about 30 attending - ended up with 70!! Turns out people used it as a great excuse for a holiday...which was lovely of course, but blew my budget majorly.

I had mine at 3pm, so that I could also get sunset photos at the beach while still looking respectable! We had a chapel, followed by a cocktail style function at my favourite beachside restaurant/bar. Happy to pm you specific details if you like.

The resort with the chapel had a wedding planner, who helped organise all of that side with me. The beauty is everything is done via email, so much easier. He gave the option of a photographer, but I went with my own instead after researching them online.

I liaised directly with the manager of the restaurant for the evening part, who also helped me with extra entertainment (fire dancers etc).

I organised my own cake (including amazing figurines of DH & I) and buses to transport guests to/from ceremony and reception. ETA - also organise my own hair/makeup with an expat who lives half the year over there. I did a trial with get back in Perth even, so was lucky.

We told guests that smart casual, including dress shorts/sandals for the men, was perfectly acceptable. Not one man wore pants, apart from the groom for the ceremony, which was great as it made everyone more relaxed and comfy. I can't stand it when people have a wedding in a hot tropical climate, but still expect full formal attire.

I've got heaps of hopefully helpful tips, let me know!