+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I have a 5 year old not a toddler and I love having a capsule this time. I think one that has a curved base so it rocks on the floor and a compatible pram to clip it into are essential though. DS is 15 weeks now and I've just started putting him into the pram when awake ( still clip capsule into pram if asleep). At about 6kgs (12w) he started to get too heavy to be carried to DD's class in it and I had to use the pram. By the height markers I'd say he'll be in it until about 6 months.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub
    Ours has A rocking bottom too! Good to keep bub asleep while waiting for appointments ! Yes ours has a maker too for where the shoulders should be.
    But our bub is very long so i think she may grow out of it before 6 months.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is great feedback as im thinking of getting one with this time. I will have a year 1 dd and a prep ds next year and a 2 month old by the time school goes back. I thought for ease in and out of the car it would be perfect as both children require being walked into school. I was also looking at the pram atrachment one. I will be having a c section are tgey to heavy to lift after surgery?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miados2007 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-09-2013)

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenga View Post
    Love mine! My daughter will be 20 months when the next one is born and I think it will help a lot. I like that I can get the baby into the seat then carry the seat out whilst holding onto the 20 month old. Mine also goes on my pram. I don't think I'd get one if it didn't go onto the pram.
    Agree. Only get one if compatible.with a pram. Thats why we got ours. So we can clip her in the pram while asleep from the car. So handy when going to shops, not having to wake a sleeping baby..which is good for me cos everytime bub wakes its feeding time! ..not what u want when u wanna run into shops ! :

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsHoward For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a capsule and base this time. Mr 6 gets to get himself in the car while I carry Mr 7 months around and clip him in. I still use it for shopping if he is asleep and visits to non baby friendly houses are easy. He will happily play while sitting in it or just take in everything.
    We don't have a pram at all. Have not used one this time at all. If it's raining I will lug him around in it but if it's not then he comes out.
    I'm enjoying the added benefit of keeping him in it longer as there is still one more shoulder height to go.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie Stackedhouse For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miados2007 View Post
    This is great feedback as im thinking of getting one with this time. I will have a year 1 dd and a prep ds next year and a 2 month old by the time school goes back. I thought for ease in and out of the car it would be perfect as both children require being walked into school. I was also looking at the pram atrachment one. I will be having a c section are tgey to heavy to lift after surgery?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Has been awesome for the school run. More than anything for when bub's due for sleep 20 min before you need to be out the door I just rock him to sleep in it then straight into the car.

I could lift it, eg from pram to car, after a week or 2 post-CS and carry it to class from about a month.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Miados2007  (22-09-2013),SugarSkull  (22-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We only have 1 DS but have had one since he was born and love it.

I agree - I would only use it now with the pram, but when he was smaller and not so heavy we would take it around on its own if it were short trips.

DS is particularly tall but all in the legs so he still fits at 7 months but is very close to growing out of it, and I will get a 0-4 seat which I can continue RF so that isn't an issue.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I absolutely loved mine. We had a 21 month gap and a toddler I didn't trust to listen! I found it great for transfer to the car when I wasn't using a pram (drop off or pick up from daycare, popping in to pick up a script or visiting the Dr). It meant I could safely put the baby down by my feet and have 2 hands to help the toddler too. I could pop the baby in the capsule by my feet and secure the toddler in the car first - that was the biggest plus for me. For bigger trips I'd have them both in the pram anyways so it wasn't really an issue. Dd is 9 months old and we've only recently stopped using it.

Sent from my HTC One X

13. The Following User Says Thank You to veggiemama For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (23-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I think I'm one of the only people that hated mine.
    It wasn't worth the effort to pull out, you can't keep them in it for a prolonged period of time, they're heavy, bub grows out of them faster than a RFing carseat and I was iffy about keeping the integrity/safety of the capsule by constantly lugging it around and putting it on various surfaces.
    I much preferred my bassinet attachment for a baby and would buy 10 of them over a capsule hands down.
    I hired one and I hated it too. Too heavy and awkward.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved having a capsule that locked onto the pram.

My kids woke up when I tried to move them so to just transfer them to the pram was fabulous.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just thought of another reason why I don't like them... I think it was good to move dd from the carseat/capsule to pram if she was asleep because it taught her to resettle in changing environments.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-09-2013)