+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Speech therapist for 8 week old

My 8 week old DD is seeing a speech therapist this Tuesday is regards to her slow drinking. It is taking her between 1.5 and 2 hours to drink around 90ml of milk. I saw our health nurse last week and she thinks there may be something going on with the muscles in DD jaw hence the visit to the speech therapist. Has anyone been through something similar?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not quite the same situation but saw a speechie with DS1 when he was about the same age for latch issues on both breast and bottle. We had struggles with FTT due to feeding issues. The speechie was excellent. She gavel feeding techniques (chin support was what worked for is) and also exercises to help strengthen DS muscles and get him opening his mouth properly. She was able to solve all our problems and I credit get for DS and I BF relationship. Good luck hope they can help.

Similar Threads

1. Finding a speech therapist
    By MsTruth in forum Perth
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 15-03-2013, 13:37
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-12-2012, 06:50
  3. Speech therapist for 4 year old in Redlands, Brisbane
    By Chew the Mintie in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 09:52