+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default WWYD in this situation???

Ok I need advice....

About 2 weeks ago we got a letter from our Real Estate saying we have 3 months notice to leave, reason given was no grounds. RE told me that the owner wants to move in here. So started looking for a place.

Last week DH got told his position is being made redundant. They are interviewing him for some other positions but we won't know for about 2 weeks whether he will still be employed.

There is a house I really like, perfect location, price etc. There is an open house for it on Tuesday. I want to apply for it but am so worried we will apply & be approved for it then find out DH has no job.

Should I wait till we know about his job and miss the chance for this perfect house (in our area there is really nothing else suitable for us!) or should I apply for it and hope for the best in regards to his job? He would get a redundancy payment but does find it hard to get jobs (very nervous at interviews, has a stutter that seems to scare employers off). I feel so lost and uncertain about what to do, what would you do??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd apply. Regardless, you will need somewhere to live!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    ^yup.

Apply

Goodluck, how stressful

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, thats what I am leaning towards. Just so scared of ruining our rental history if we have to leave quite soon after signing the lease.... I don't know where we would be going but we couldn't afford rent without some sort of job! Talk about crappy timing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apply. Even if you have to move soon after it won't ruin your rental history.

FX your hubby get another position and you don't have to worry any further.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could ask the agency if you could leave sooner. If the owner really is moving back in they might be happy to take it sooner? Worth a try, good luck

Sent from my HTC One X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by veggiemama View Post
    You could ask the agency if you could leave sooner. If the owner really is moving back in they might be happy to take it sooner? Worth a try, good luck

Sent from my HTC One X
    Thankfully we are able to leave as soon as we find somewhere with no penalty. The real estate have been very understanding, I think they bad!

I have decided I will apply for the place on Monday. As PP pointed out, we still need somewhere to go and if the worst scenario happens and DH is not given another job we can use his payout to pay a few months rent in advance to cover us till he gets a new job.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (21-09-2013),veggiemama  (21-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Calk centrelink and find out how much you would be entitled to if he's out of a job, it might put your mind at ease.

Sorry you're facing these possibilities