+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Default Garciana Cambogia "Miraculous Weight Loss Plant" - Lets see if it actually works!

I have seen so many of these ads all over the internet about this “Miraculous Weight Loss Plant” Apparently endorsed by Dr Oz and used by so many celebrities to lose massive amounts of weight in a short time.
    I bit the bullet and purchased it. Now its time to find out if it actually works!
    Fairly easy to order online, it does say that you get a free bottle – I have not seen any evidence of that as I purchased the bottle I ordered.
    1 x Bottle of Garciana Cambogia costs (including postage) $55 – you can get it express posted for an additional $35. 1 bottle contains 60 capsules and is for 1 months supply and apparently I will lose 5kg.
    I also purchased (as per recommendation on the website) Colon Cleanse Detox – sounds pretty wonderful right? The price for 1 x bottle (one month supply again) was $55
    According to the website this product, the “Holy Grail of Weight Loss” contains 60% Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA) that is the key to weightloss. Not only does it claim to make you lose weight, it also claims to make you less hungry, lowers cholesterol, actually prevents fat from being made (!) and increases the levels of serotonin in your body…. We shall see!
    If you are on any other medication or might be pregnant, it is strongly suggested to consult your doctor before taking them.
    I ordered the bottles on Monday the 16th of September. Not opting for the additional $35 each to express post, I am hoping they arrive fairly soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Ok, so a bit about me.
    I am 32 years old, 168cm and currently weigh 58kg (87cm around the middle) – No I am not over weight, infact I am fairly skinny but after having a baby and taking into account my love of Beer, I have a very well developed beer gut. Let me tell you, when the rest of you is fairly thin – that gut will stick out and can not be hidden from anyone!
    Why am I doing this? I am getting married at Christmas. We are going to Bali and I want to go on a holiday and look amazing and have photos taken where I am not hiding behind DD or DP when the camera comes out. I want to be proud of my wedding photos and not hide them in a cupboard.
    I WANT TO FEEL COMFORTABLE AT THE POOL IN A BIKINI – not covered up in a baggy shirt like I do now.
    This product is “Promising” I will lose 5kg – It might not sound like much but it is how much I want to lose. It is “Promising” it removes Belly Fat – this is important because I don’t have boobs or a butt and need to keep whatever fat I have in those areas!
    I will also point out that I will not be just taking the tablets and then planting my butt on the couch (Or the toilet depending on the colon cleanser!). I am currently very actively trying to move this weight myself but although my health is improving, my gut stays the same.
    For the past two months, this has been my exercise and diet plan. I plan on keeping to this plan so I can find out if this “Miracle in a bottle” is actually effective.
    Exercise:
    5 x per week.
    1 Hour on a treadmill – run for 40 minutes at speed 8 then walk for 20 minutes at speed 6 on 6 incline. While I am walking I do 4 x 10 reps of 4 different arm exercises using 2kg weights.
    5 x 10 reps of half sit ups on a sit up bench, 5 x 30 seconds of planking & 5x 10 reps of knee to head sit ups – see I am so down with the exercise lingo!

Food:
    Breakfast – Green Tea, 1 cup of fruit salad & ½ cup of low fat greek yogurt
    Morning Tea – Green Tea, 1 Egg
    Lunch – Tuna and Salad, Green Tea
    Afternoon – 1 cup of grapes or Weight watchers fruit cup, Green Tea
    Dinner – 1 cup of salad & either chicken or some kind of low fat protein. Oh – I almost forgot – Green Tea
    Apparently green tea assists in weight loss.
    I do allow myself 2 x Hahn 3.5 low carb beers after dinner
    I will also admit that all the hard work I do may get a little ruined when the weekends arrive and my meals kind of turn to those REALLY YUMMY cheese and bacon bread rolls from wollies and pasta and rice… and wine. I am going to work on this. I promise.
    So – that’s me. Beer gut and all. I will be updating this diary with facts and how I am feeling. How I think the tablets are working.
    One last thing I want to make clear is that I am a consumer of this product (or will be when it arrives) I have absolutely NO CONNECTION with the sale, advertising or anything about this product. I really don’t want anyone to think that I am trying to make sales (or stop them depending on the outcome).
    The reason I am keeping this diary is because I posted a thread asking if anyone had tried them and I had a few people mention they would be interested in the results. As am I.
    Wish me luck!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (21-09-2013),Mod-Uniquey  (20-09-2013),sakabla  (20-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oooh I'd be interested to see how you go- I was reading about this stuff last week. My stats are pretty much exactly the same as you- 167cm, 59kg, ie skinny with a fat belly.

Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

bpac  (20-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Was hoping it would arrive today. It didn't - gutted. Really wanted to start on Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I saw it being sold on groupon really cheap so I bought some as well. Still haven't got it but will let you know if I see any results.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

bpac  (21-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing to see how you go ladies

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Babycharlieandme For This Useful Post:

bpac  (21-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Awesome! It will be good to have another opinion! I just want it to get here and hope it does what it promises so I can order my dress!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (21-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope it works for you bpac but also be aware you can't spot reduce weight, it's a well known weight loss fact. You might end up losing weight in other areas of your body. Have you tried tining exercises for your belly?

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

bpac  (21-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Well i was hoping it would arrive today. I am a little disappointed cos it didnt. From what i can see on the website they are in USA and Australia so i would have thought a week was probably how long it would take.
    I am wondering if they are taking a bit longer so if i want to get it again i will fork out the ridiculous $35 for faster postage... but then that means they think the product actually does work...
    Proudmumma - yeah i know i can not localise the weight loss. Its just wishfull thinking. I am planking, sit ups, lunges, free weights - if you have any other suggestions i would love to hear!
    On a brighter note. I read that you burn more calories by doing bursts of exercise so i jumped on my treadmill and did 3 mins at speed 10 running and 2 mins on speed 6 fast walking for an hour. I burnt over 700 calories!! PB and ran 8.5kms in that hour too so i am (tired) but stoked!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I saw it being sold on groupon really cheap so I bought some as well. Still haven't got it but will let you know if I see any results.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Ohh when you recieve your bottle, can you please let me know what % of HCA is in it? I read that the one i am trying is 60% and would like to know if yours is the same, better or worse for comparitive purposes!