+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I just use Period Tracker app, which I've used since I came off the pill last year just to keep an eye on my cycles and mainly to try to sort out my skin (terrible acne, even at my age! Same as my mother, who still gets it at nearly 70! ), but have started popping down any other changes, including CM changes, from last month. It predicts O date, so trying to keep an eye on that and jump on hubby a bit more near the date (trying to get him to play ball at the moment - he's a bit stressed with new job, and I'm being a mean wife and demanding attention, poor thing!).

If we haven't had any joy in a few months I probably will start doing the odd OPK to see if things are happening in that way as well, but as we are both getting on a bit, we might pop to the doctor if nothing is happening that far down the track (not that 6 months is very long imho, but you know what I mean.....)

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm just going with it. See what happens, if nothing in the first few months then ill track.
    Although DH and I are going to try for a girl and the recipe is to have sex on ovulation day rather than before or after

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    Hoping for #3 soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Actually I think for girl u want to DTD a few days before, and not on O. O DTD is to swing for boy, as female sperm lives longer than male, but is slower.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup that's right. The theory is male speed swim faster so DTD on O day for boy and earlier for girl. BUT the studies show minimal results when testing the theory so don't waste fertile time - just DTD hehehe it was like a 1% difference in rates

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have missed what is going on! I am back to the drawing board too. Got AF today at 7dpo. 2nd cycle with short luteal phase. Hmm. Ah well I really needed a wine tonight.

I wouldn't be taking my chances with trying to hold off until certain times ttc a certain gender. I would just make sure there is a good supply regularly getting in there! . 12 hour window and all. Worth a try though if you are not in a hurry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here that's my theory - ram as many in there as possible hahaha in the days leading up to and then quickly after lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree lol. We initially decided to swing for a boy. But it's so easy to miss O when you aren't DTD leading up to it, and I didn't want to waste precious cycles missing it :-)
    Just be careful sunshine you don't want to do it TOO many times. More than once a day and you're not letting his juices recuperate properly :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha once a day in the three days before, on O day and then the day after us my plan. Once I get my first AF after mirena removal to check my cycles are still the same as before this mth has been a hit and miss lol. We shall see

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    I agree lol. We initially decided to swing for a boy. But it's so easy to miss O when you aren't DTD leading up to it, and I didn't want to waste precious cycles missing it :-)
    Just be careful sunshine you don't want to do it TOO many times. More than once a day and you're not letting his juices recuperate properly :-)
    More than once a day? WHO has the time? lol! That made me giggle :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha box glad I made u giggle. I swear DH would go every hour if he could XD

Sunshine thats pretty much what we did, though it was more like every second day leading up, making sure the "on" day was the day I thought O was, and then again next day :-)