+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, just a curious question...when TTC, do you eat/drink like you are pregnant? E.g. Do you stay clear of salami, soft cheeses, soft serve, alcohol etc just in case of a BFP??

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Alcohol yes. But if u are testing early etc u don't need to stay away from the foods u mentioned. They are more of a concern once preg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, been a busy weekend with sick kids! Welcome to all the new chicks!
    I saw my naturopath last week and she put me on this detox to help get My body ready for a baby, it was so gross, I couldn't even last 4 days! I live for my coffee.
    She has also got me taking my temps each morning to see if I can pinpoint ovulation. Up until now my cycles are a bit all over the place but she has helped me to regulate them. Is anyone else charting? Although I don't want to TTC until December I still want to work out exactly when I ovulate so that making this baby doesn't take too long!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't worry about staying away from the "dangerous" foods. I just make sure I'm eating healthy and not too many carbs, focussing more on the protein. No alcohol though, or coffee.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am also thinking about foods/alcohol etc. I am thinking eat whatever until a BFP but stop drinking. I hardly drink at all so it is not a huge issue for me.

Does anyone exercise much? I do 3-4 times a week and hoping to keep it up for as long as possible. I am also wanting to keep things quiet at work for as long as possible too. But I will cross that bridge when I come to it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm trying to be strict food and exercise, I train 2 days a week in team sport and play on weekend, so that's 3 a week ATM. When the season ends (only one more week) I intend to follow it up with something else hopefully. I think it's important you be in optimum shape if possible. I know I could do with being a lot thinner, but bit late for that when we are already trying lol. But cutting out processed foods etc is something that EVERYONE should be doing, but it's important that I do it even when just ttc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't drink at all anyway, so it's not difficult for me to cut that.

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome new ladies!

i don't drink, maybe an occasional glass if wine with dinner but that's it.
    I'm already a pretty good eater, I do bake alot though but I stear clear of anything pre-made. I got a thermomix about 6 months ago and it's changed my life I pretty much make everything from scratch, loving it!

As for exercise, I was playing netball but season finished. Currently in staring at my treadmill folded up in the corner! I need to get back on it!
    Each time I've fallen pregnant its been about 3 months in to getting healthy again.... Maybe I should start getting fit again!

Heading to shops today! Will let you all know how I go with testing!

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    Hoping for #3 soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I'm not a big drinker either, so that's not a prob for me too ;-) My problem is that I work night shift every Fri night 1730-0200 so I rely on Red Bull to get me through the night...especially since I'm up with the kids from about 6.30am! :-/ So will find it hard to get something more natural to keep me functioning til 2am ;-)

Lexim - I am sooo jealous of your thermomix! We can't ever afford one, but my girlfriend has one and they are amazing! Now get your bum down to the shops so you can tell us about your BFP! ;-)

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like t exercise a lot, running, weight training, walking, whatever I can do. I wouldn't run when pregnant, but I think it's good to try and maintain exercise while pregnant, it just makes it that much harder to get back into shape on the other side!