+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do does this test mean absolutely nothing or does it mean O is close?

We are trying for a girl so we need to DTD before O

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    Hoping for #3 soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lexim View Post
    Do does this test mean absolutely nothing or does it mean O is close?

We are trying for a girl so we need to DTD before O

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    Hoping for #3 soon!
    It does mean close. If ur swaying girl you need to wait until AFTER you get the equal dark lines.
    A positive opk means that you will O within the next 24hrs.
    So a light pos might mean 3 days away, for eg.
    It's an inexact science so it's never perfect, but one sure thing is after it darkens, once you get a neg that means O has already occurred.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumwants3 View Post
    I've always wanted twins also! I too have also googled natural ways to increase chances of twins ;-) thank god there are other crazy people like me out there! Lol. But in all seriousness, I know it would be very hard work, and think it wouldn't be fair on DD (5) & DS (3) as there life would change immensely....

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    That would be a full house. Some friends of mine (twins) were accidental, and came along after their parents already had 3 planned kids. That would have been a challenge!

This will be our first though. We have twins on both sides of the family so I have my fingers crossed. I'd love twin girls so I could dress them up like the kids from the Shining and scare my dad. lol. No that's not my only reason!

Having said that even one beautiful baby would also make me very very happy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bambipickle For This Useful Post:

mumwants3  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    It does mean close. If ur swaying girl you need to wait until AFTER you get the equal dark lines.
    A positive opk means that you will O within the next 24hrs.
    So a light pos might mean 3 days away, for eg.
    It's an inexact science so it's never perfect, but one sure thing is after it darkens, once you get a neg that means O has already occurred.
    I thought it was you needed to BD 2-3 days before O for a girl and then don't do it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CassJ View Post
    I thought it was you needed to BD 2-3 days before O for a girl and then don't do it again.
    Yes I'm pretty sure that is the shuttles method

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Joeee For This Useful Post:

CassJ  (17-10-2013)

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    For a girl you BD lots before O. So the fast swimming Y sperm die and let the slow swimming X sperm get to the egg.

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    Hoping for #3 soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeee View Post
    Yes I'm pretty sure that is the shuttles method
    Sorry shettles oops

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always wanted twins also! I too have also googled natural ways to increase chances of twins ;-) thank god there are other crazy people like me out there! Lol. But in all seriousness, I know it would be very hard work, and think it wouldn't be fair on DD (5) & DS (3) as there life would change immensely....
    IMHO its not so much the hard work once they come (if you really want them, hard work will be worth the pay off) but rather the MASSIVE health implications for both bubs and mum that make me not want twins (as much as I would LOVE twins - long story there). Have heard far too many horror stories from Midwives, and that's not just the very unlucky few, but a very large % of twin births that don't go like clockwork - starting at the very beginning of the actual birth where they generally have to come early anyway, and cut happy deliveries....but that's minor compared to a load of other bits. Just talk to a midwife or someone who works in NICU - huge sad face

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BoxCat For This Useful Post:

mumwants3  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxCat View Post
    IMHO its not so much the hard work once they come (if you really want them, hard work will be worth the pay off) but rather the MASSIVE health implications for both bubs and mum that make me not want twins (as much as I would LOVE twins - long story there). Have heard far too many horror stories from Midwives, and that's not just the very unlucky few, but a very large % of twin births that don't go like clockwork - starting at the very beginning of the actual birth where they generally have to come early anyway, and cut happy deliveries....but that's minor compared to a load of other bits. Just talk to a midwife or someone who works in NICU - huge sad face
    I'm a student midwife, so know exactly what you mean about the risks and complications associated with twins...it can be quite scary and daunting ;-) But just like all birth stories, we always hear a lot of the bad stories and not enough of the good! ;-) I've seen and been a part of many stress free twin pregnancies and births, even vaginal twin births :-)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mumwants3 For This Useful Post:

BoxCat  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a student midwife, so know exactly what you mean about the risks and complications associated with twins...it can be quite scary and daunting ;-) But just like all birth stories, we always hear a lot of the bad stories and not enough of the good! ;-) I've seen and been a part of many stress free twin pregnancies and births, even vaginal twin births :-)

Sorry...last post came across a bit up myself didn't it lol....my sil had v birth with her twins and no issues other than them bring a bit smaller and spending a couple of days in for obs but just know it's more normal with multiples to have issues...which then makes me torn between wanting them as I really would love that and not as I obviously want any prospective bubd to be ok (obviously we all do dur) and feeling bad that its something I'd love even though it could increase the likely hood of issues etc.

But then it's not like we get much choice in the matter or can really do much to increase the likely hood of it happening or anything so it's all a bit mute snyway lol

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BoxCat For This Useful Post:

mumwants3  (18-10-2013)