+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 75 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone used a doula or considering one? As we will be going private I am thinking I would like one to help increase my chances for natural birth and for added support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Azimuth - I can remember if u are trying for your first or already have a bub/bubs? I would highly highly highly recommend getting a doula or use a private midwife. It would have possibly saved me having an emerg csection (foetal distress) PND and not coping at all with my labour. Going private was great for me but you don't alays see the OB straight away. I was lucky to see mine not long after I got to the hospital though. The hardest part for me was the labour and trying to cope at home. The OB doesn't help with this. I totally lost control. I know that next time I will be using a private midwife who will be with me from the beginning. I need that support and my mum or husband can't give me that. The midwife at the hospital never helped me and I felt very judged so it would be beneficial to have a care provider that you know and feel safe with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Tippy I am trying for my first - I have looked up a few and just feel I want some extra support and guidance when the time comes. Hope you are having a good weekend

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Azimuth For This Useful Post:

Tippytoes  (30-09-2013)

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth View Post
    Has anyone used a doula or considering one? As we will be going private I am thinking I would like one to help increase my chances for natural birth and for added support.
    My first birth was very intervened - I was originally booked into a birth centre to have a natural labour but ended up getting PE at 41 + 2 weeks over so had to be transferred to hospital so they could induce me I ended up getting waters broken, oxytocin drip, epidural and a third degree tear. This was at a public hospital.
    My midwife thought I was going into labour so just wanted to hold off on oxy drip but the dr on call basically said "she's here to be induced" was not fun.

2nd time I went private and my OB talked me out of a c-section (thank god) as I was terrified of tearing again and really encouraged me to go natural. We decided to break my waters at 40 weeks + 2days and then see how things went. It was great, apart from breaking my waters I had a natural drug free labour.
    He was so supportive and encouraging so talk to your ob as well, they aren't always nasty-medical-intervening crazies!!!!

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    Hoping for #3 soon!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lexim For This Useful Post:

Azimuth  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tippy and lexim - sorry to hear both your first births weren't what you had hoped. I will wait until I get a BFP and then go meet a few doulas and see if I "click" with one.

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth View Post
    Tippy and lexim - sorry to hear both your first births weren't what you had hoped. I will wait until I get a BFP and then go meet a few doulas and see if I "click" with one.
    Good plan do what is comfortable for you!

How is everyone going? Any testing happening?

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    Hoping for #3 soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Too much testing for me lol. I'm stopping til 12dpo, getting down over the repeat bfns

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

BoxCat  (02-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm using OPKs tomorrow to see when I am ovulating - but that doesn't really count as testing.

Hope you get a BFP MrsTugs - fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Azi it's still getting involved. Consider it practice for your true double line later this month ;-P xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

BoxCat  (02-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Too much testing for me lol. I'm stopping til 12dpo, getting down over the repeat bfns
    Noooooooo to early testing it SUCKS! Despite me thinking I'm beginning AF way way early, I'm trying to keep positive as well, so will be with you at not testing (again ) until (what might be) around 12-14 dpo.....we can do it! Go paint your nails - my ultra good method for not POAS - smudgy nail varnish is not a good look
    Go us!