+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was given cow's milk from a week old and have no intolerances or digestive problems. My grandfather milked the cow fresh daily for me

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Dp was fed sunshine milk from birth. He has bad reflux and has had several stomach ulcers. He throws up a lot. If he eats to much or anything too spicy. He has a very sensitive stomach.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was given it from 10 months (breastfed for the first 10 months with minimal solids, apparently). I've got no issues at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My brother was fed tinned carnation milk from birth (my mums milk didn't come in) he has no issues now, is a healthy grown man, did well at school and uni etc. I was fed cows milk from 9 months (BF up until then) and I have no problems at all either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had formula from birth then cows milk. I have no allergies or problems. My sister was fed carnation milk from birth then cows milk and she is fine too. We are both in our mid 30's

Thanks
    Reviews
    So if there are so many people that grew up with canned/cows milk and are fine, I wonder why they are so dead against it now? I know this is hardly a peer reviewed longitudinal study. Lol. I'm an extended bfer and truly believe that human milk is optimal, but am just interested. Formula companies obviously have a very vested interest in everyone believing the worst.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I do but I think that has more to do with the fact that I had nec and lost a lot of gut as a newborn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennie View Post
    This is an interesting topic. I come from NZ & the milk is a lot better than I have found here. I was also feed pretty much straight from the cow. I had a few slight issues when I came to Aus & found food in general to be tasteless & I even noticed the difference in milk when I shifted states.

My hubby who was born & lived in SA on a farm has found the same. Over the years he has gotten worse with milk & has had to switch to soy due to his issues. I also made the switch as it was easier than buying two sets of milk. Our whole family drinks soy milk as well. I do try organic milk every now & then but found my body didn't like it. I just hate paying up to 90c extra for soy milk when it's nearly as much as the same as cows milk from coffee shops😡.

Funny you say this Lennie, I've only had problems with dairy since moving here. I was raised on milk, we went through 5L a day in our house. On weekends we would go to our uncles and have fresh milk from the cow on our cereal. I can't drink milk here and I noticed a huge increase in my PCOS symptoms. I now drink soy as well, I can't even finish a regular coffee made with skinny milk before having to run to the loo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennybaby View Post
    So if there are so many people that grew up with canned/cows milk and are fine, I wonder why they are so dead against it now? I know this is hardly a peer reviewed longitudinal study. Lol. I'm an extended bfer and truly believe that human milk is optimal, but am just interested. Formula companies obviously have a very vested interest in everyone believing the worst.
    I think its like anything that we did back in the day without research - we never wore bike helmets, had car seats or we never had a pool fence in the 70,s and no one we know ever drowned or was killed but that didn't mean of course it was safe! - they put these precautions in for a reason - as they did with the no cows milk rule before 12 months

cows milk is the highest known allergen for kids under the age of 3, purely as it was not made for our systems ( baby cows grow 10 times as fast as baby humans so the proteins are something like 10 times the amount of breast milk and they have a totally different digestive system to ours ) and obviously it does not have the correct vitamin/mineral/fat/ carb ratio babies need - plus the homogenisation and pasteurisation has taken away most of the good stuff anyway (raw milk would be better ) the dairy corporation has done a brilliant job at marketing their product to allow us to believe kids need milk - we apparently have one of the highest increases of osteoporosis in the world and are also one of the biggest consumers of dairy so clearly it's not working!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (20-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Agreed, Elijah's mum. I steer away from pasteurized milk for littlies here, raw or bust.
    To answer the OP, yes I was raised on cow's, then goat's milk (commercial/pasteurized) and have no doubts it is not a nutritionally sound practise for baby humans. Personally I have struggled with allergies, eczema, asthma and, since having children, terrible digestive issues I have had to control with a strict no grain, no sugar diet. I've never been much of a milk drinker so not sure how that affects me directly.