+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    And Dp was breastfed til at least 12 months has mild intolerances to cows milk now. Not in things like cheese or yoghurt but in pure milk. A2 milk seems okay though. Her sister is LI.
    My sons pead said A2 was a bit of a hoax. Apparently they spent millions on breeding cows to produce more easily digestible milk and after all their hard work it didn't produce the results. I've noticed the advertising is coy as well. They don't clearly say that it's easier to digest any longer, they just have people saying how good they feel after drinking it. ;-)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennybaby View Post
    My sons pead said A2 was a bit of a hoax. Apparently they spent millions on breeding cows to produce more easily digestible milk and after all their hard work it didn't produce the results. I've noticed the advertising is coy as well. They don't clearly say that it's easier to digest any longer, they just have people saying how good they feel after drinking it. ;-)
    Maybe so...

Either way, dp will get an upset gut after regular milk (the runs etc) and not after A2... Might be a coincidence but we will keep buying it because she likes milk and it doesn't give her the same reaction regular milk foes

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Jennybaby  (20-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DH was fed carnation milk it was totally normal where he grew up. He suffers terrible allergies, and asthma - even though there is none in his family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it strange that I don't know the answer to this?

I know I was breastfed to 3 months and then bit my mum but not sure what happened after that.

Must ask her next time we are talking and will post then cause I had asthma, allergies and digestion issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was breastfed for a few weeks, then cows milk formula, but didn't tolerate it so had prescription soy formula I think. Have a few minor digestive issues, and if I have too much dairy now I get sinus type infections and upset tummy but it's not straight away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both dh and I were breastfed for 3 to 6 months then ff fed until 12 to 18 month's with a mixture of cows milk and formula. We are both allergy free and can tolerate high amounts if cows milk and lactose now. We dont have any digestive problems with anything.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was bf till about 7ish months then straight onto cows milk and food with cows milk. No problems. Same with my younger brother.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope.

Mum said by 6 months I hated cows milk as well so she used to offer me diluted chamomile tea.

Not ideal I know. But I've never had a broken bone in my life, have had bone density tested and I'm fine.

Go figure!
    Ps I wouldn't try the same on my own kids though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was breastfed up until 6 months then I was put on sunshine powdered milk as we lived on a remote cattle station and there was no such thing as 'popping down the shop' for formula or fresh milk. I have no allergies, and have a completely normal diet, no probs.

Oh, I also got whiskey when I wasn't well or teething, to put me to sleep! No doctors or panadole where we lived.
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 20-09-2013 at 14:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was breastfed for a little while, though not exclusively, and was fed a bottle that was one tablespoon of sugar, one ounce of boiling water, and the rest topped up with cows milk.

I have food intolerances that come and go, I developed dairy intolerance in my teens that caused me to lose a lot of weight, that lasted til my twenties. Not long after that I developed an intolerance to gluten, again lost a lot of weight, (I was so sick from this, I weighed 43 kgs, didn't menstruate for about 18 months, and people thought I was anorexic or had cancer), there's been others over the years.

I have a very sensitive gut. I think it's all related to how I was fed as a baby.