+ Reply to Thread
    MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 'No Cry' Sleep Solution Books/ Methods ?

What is the main method or best book to read on this subject ?

I would like to use a no cry method when bub is old enough .

It has been upsetting me lately that my grandparents (DD great grandparents) and even my dad have commented on how a baby should be settled...put in a room with the door shut and let them cry it out! my grandmother did that with her 6 month babies... I was horrified!
    I would never do this and have told them both i disagree and I will NOT be doing that...there are other ways and that just seems so out-of-date to me.
    And i dont think I will ever let them babysit because I know how they handle things.
    So I want to start reading up on other no cry solutions so I am confident when the time comes that there are other options than letting ur child scream until exhaustion...the thought makes me want to cry

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't finished the book yet but Pinky McKay's 'sleeping like a baby' provides no cry sleep solutions, and I'm sure I have another book somewhere called 'the no cry sleep solution' but I haven't read that one myself yet.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (20-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Elizabeth Pantley is the author of the books called "No Cry" eg The No Cry Sleep Solution. She has a baby sleep one and a toddler/young child sleep one, as well as books for toilet training and other things.

There isn't any one 'method' for the sleep issue, she writes about figuring out how why your baby is waking and using a gradual approach to wean them off needing your help to get back to sleep. The book is worth a read, I think. I agree with you -it is horrifying to me to think of leaving my baby to cry for hours by himself to go to sleep.

Another book I found helpful was The Baby Sleep Book by Dr William Sears. Similar sort of approach.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Electric Boogaloo For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (20-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Double post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've also read No Cry Sleep Solution. I like the gentle approach but couldn't quite get it to work for us (think I wasn't consistent enough).

I am now reading Safe Sleep Space and when I have watched the DVD I will be implementing it. I wish I knew about it when DD was younger. It's a responsive approach with steps to follow, which has an end point if your baby is not responding. I really like this approach.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leafy For This Useful Post:

Azvanna  (09-07-2014),MrsHoward  (20-09-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
    I've also read No Cry Sleep Solution. I like the gentle approach but couldn't quite get it to work for us (think I wasn't consistent enough).

I am now reading Safe Sleep Space and when I have watched the DVD I will be implementing it. I wish I knew about it when DD was younger. It's a responsive approach with steps to follow, which has an end point if your baby is not responding. I really like this approach.
    I second Safe Sleep Space, and also recommend Babybliss. I find Pantley, McKay, etc not particularly helpful if you actually want a method to help you gently teach your baby to sleep.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (20-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I second Safe Sleep Space, and also recommend Babybliss. I find Pantley, McKay, etc not particularly helpful if you actually want a method to help you gently teach your baby to sleep.
    Agree.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (20-09-2013)