+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Booster car seats *spin off

My daughter is 4yrs and we are looking at booster seats for her. Another thread got me wondering about whether to get a harness or just use the car seat belt with the booster. I thought a harness would be safer but am getting the impression I may be wrong. Opinions please. We are looking at the safe and sound hi liner.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DS turned 4 not that long ago, and I am sticking with a 5 point harness. He's in a maxi rider and it still has growing room, so while its fits, he stays in the harness! Just a seatbelt isn't nearly as protective in a crash for little ones, so I'll be keeping both kids in 5 point harnesses for as long as I possibly can.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Removed
    Last edited by MonsterMoosMum; 19-09-2013 at 22:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    There is a lot of evidence to suggest that H-harnesses aren't all that safe and are no longer recommended. DS was in a 5 point harness until he was 6.5. He was only a light weight so it was the safest option for him.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

just her chameleon  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is 4 and in a booster with a normal 'adult' seat belt. I would feel more comfortable with her in a 5 point harness but unfortunately she has outgrown it and we can't afford a new seat for her at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is nearly 4 and still in her maxi rider. We're on the last straps for the in built seat belt and fast growing. Apparently it converts to a lap sash booster with anti submarine clip or we'll get her a hi liner. Vicroads website talks about not using 5 point harness with lap sash belts once they are in booster seats, only to use a harness if its a lap only belt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD turns 5 next week and is still harnessed in a babylove ezy combo. It is MUCH safer for her to be harnessed than with a regular seatbelt and booster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've also just noticed that seats like the maxi rider have a good rating as a car seat but rubbish rating when you convert to a booster. That's not ideal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 4 and is in a maxi rider with the 5 point harness. The plan is to leave her like this as long as absolutely possible. She is pretty tall but skinny, so I just don't feel comfortable having only a seatbelt across her little body if something were to happen.