+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First Birthdays

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Looking to you lovely ladies for some perspective. My MIL has told me I am going WAY over board for my son's first birthday in November, and that he wont remember it so why am I going to the trouble and expense?

I am excited and a bit crafty (and a little bit addicted to Pintrest!) I want him to look back and pictures and see his birthdays and even if it is all for the adults we throw big birthdays for ourselves all the time.

So what did you ladies do for your LO's First Birthday and do you think it is worth going a little OTT?

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hello

Yes im going completely over the top for dd's first birthday coming up in december ive been planning all year and we only have a handful of people coming! Lol

Its a tea party theme, ive been collecting vintage teacups and teapots, biscuit stands and stuff. Lol

She wont remember it but i have fun planning it and it makes me happy so who cares what anyone thinks!

Go for it

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (19-09-2013),Starfish30  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I get so annoyed with people who say they are too little to remember things!!! Does that mean we do nothing with our kids until they are what 4!!!!

YOU will remember it, you will have photos and videos of a great milestone and if you have the time and money knock yourself out with party stuff!!

I went OTT with DS first ( and 2nd) and am planning his 3rd next month - I have beautiful photos and videos of DS with all our friends and family and he was even looking at them last week and thought they were great

i hired a castle at a big park and had a pirate party! tons of food and games, personalised gift bags, balloons and banners and we had about 30 adults and 15 kids

don't let negative people get you down and have a great time planning the party!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Hello

Yes im going completely over the top for dd's first birthday coming up in december ive been planning all year and we only have a handful of people coming! Lol

Its a tea party theme, ive been collecting vintage teacups and teapots, biscuit stands and stuff. Lol

She wont remember it but i have fun planning it and it makes me happy so who cares what anyone thinks!

Go for it

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.
    Oooh I just made these today as a trial run for my nieces party!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1379574591.064741.jpg

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Euphrosyne  (19-09-2013),RobinSparkles  (19-09-2013),thomasmummy  (19-09-2013),Zombie_eyes  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Originally I was thinking something low key - then I hopped on Pinterest and that idea went right out the window. I have ideas, so many ideas, and I'm having a blast planning this party!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to snowqu33n For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Just ignore your MIL and do what you want to do! I haven't ever had a big first b'day party for any of mine - just a home made cake at home with grandparents, but that's my choice. I have big parties when they're older and invite all their class mates and siblings, parents etc...and people think that that's crazy!

Have fun with your planning

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having my DD's birthday party this weekend, we are going out to the lake for a barbecue My sister and her kids are coming a long way to see her for the first time, as well as my brother, mother, and friends who live locally. Some people are coming from QLD and Sydney
    Its a great opportunity for my sister to meet DD, and I can't wait to see everyone again We'll have great photos to show Em when shes older, until then it'll be a great day for us to remember

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't buy my kids toys throughout the year and I don't spend close to what others do at christmas and easter, but I spoil them on their birthday. Not with presents (because they get more than enough from everyone else) but either with big parties, or things they want to do or see.

It's their one special day a year. It doesn't matter if they are 1 or 100, they deserve it on their birthday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am another one who goes OTT, I love celebrations! We even had an adults only party after DD's 1st birthday celebrating that we had been parents for a year!

Ignore your mil, enjoy every moment of your precious bubba & celebrate as much as you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Oooh I just made these today as a trial run for my nieces party!
    Attachment 42656
    OMG mum is making those for DS birthday on Sunday, she was so excited telling me. Totally off topic .