+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dd was a similar age when i had my first homebirth and i had similar questions. i went in to labour in the evening, got her to sleep and then labour ramped up. DD slept through it all, and woke to meet her brother at around 4am, before returning to bed.

i am doing it again in Feb, and have a few plans depending on how kids and i are coping, and the time and day that it all kicks off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS was 15 months at my HB this year, I had planned for DH to take him to the park so I could labour by myself.
    DH and DS almost missed the birth as they were in the next room playing and didn't realise I had pushed out DDs head as I was so calm and quiet.
    DS actually kicked DD (gently) a minute after she was born as he was scrambling to jump in the water with me
    I breathed her body out quite loudly and DS was apparently fine, DH was holding him and was at my side the second she slid out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this is an old thread, but I've had my kids at all my births. DS was 8 when DD was born, and he was 10 and dd almost 2 when ds2 was born. I had a support person for DS at my first home birth. Was supposed to have the same support person there for the kids at my second home birth, but she was not available at the last minute.

We are having another baby, so I was discussing it with dd. She remembered that ds2 had been born in the bathroom. They both came upstairs as he was born and saw him arrive. It was just beautiful.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkdolly For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (25-02-2014)